Location: Reading, MA
Job ID: 170500-1A
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s by assisting Physical Therapists and support functions in an effort optimizing the efficiency of the rehabilitation services operations. This staff position will have an impact on the patient experience by minimizing wait times and ensuring a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Students enrolled in physical therapy, athletic training or other health related field
· Previous rehab aide experience
· Prior in healthcare, a clerical role and/or other positions with a strong customer service element
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: May be required to regularly rotate through day, evening, or Saturday shifts as necessary
Travel requirements: May be scheduled at any of the Rehab locations
· Reports to the Rehab Coordinator at their primary site
· No responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Rehabilitation Services team, the Physical Therapy Aide:
· Assesses waiting room status regularly, liaisons with patients to ensure comfort and wait-time satisfaction. Serves as a resource person by providing appropriate information and assistance to patients, families and visitors to improve their overall experience in the rehabilitation services office(s).
· Greets, transports and/or escorts, educates and identifies patients making the patients feel welcomed and comfortable.
· Assists the Therapists in preparing the equipment for treatment
· Provide ambulatory assistance to patients as necessary.
· Keeps department clean, free of obstacles and stocked in adequate supplies and linen.
· Performs other administrative functions as needed to ensure the department runs smoothly, efficiently and seamlessly to the patients, including but not limited to covering the front desk:
o Answers phone and answers non-clinical questions about rehab services
o Schedule patients. Changes patient appointments
o Collects patient co—pays.
· Performs safety checks on equipment at start and end of shift and periodically throughout the day.
· Respond to supply/equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of supplies and equipment and to maximize its useful life.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.