This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 170680-1A
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2022
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Serves as a clinical expert who uses current knowledge and research to provide consultation, education, and clinical support for patients, caregivers and staff across the continuum in the area of wound, ostomy and continence care. Collaboratively works with all members of the health care team, the patient and the patient’s family/significant other to achieve expected outcomes. Practice is in accordance with Winchester Hospital’s policies and procedures and the scope of practice for Registered Nurses in Massachusetts.
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position:
1. Functions as an expert clinician through direct and indirect patient care. Utilizes the results of evidence-based research to improve clinical outcomes.
2. Serves as a consultant to nursing staff and physicians on patient care and educational concerns within the wound, ostomy and continence realm.
3. Participates in hospital-wide committees / councils and interdisciplinary clinical practice teams and/or projects.
4. Identifies and investigates clinical issues and develops strategies to enhance nursing practice and to affect positive patient outcomes.
5. Develops and presents continuing education and orientation programs for clinical staff in the acute care and out-patient settings.
6. Oversees collection of quarterly pressure ulcer prevalence and incidence data.
7. Participates in professional development activities to advance own practice as well as nursing at Winchester Hospital.
8. Provides direct patient care within specialty area, as indicated.
9. Participates in the following:
a. Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
b. Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d. Performance improvement meetings and initiatives
e. Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Bachelors Degree in Nursing required.
2. At least two years recent professional nursing experience with wound care.
3. Active membership in professional organization preferred.
4. Computer skills including word processing, documentation and presentation development.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
· Massachusetts Registered Nurse License.
· Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse (CWON) certification required
Wound, Ostomy and Continence certification (CWOCN) preferred.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.