Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 170654-1A
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2021
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by performing a variety of clerical and telephone support functions to alleviate and assist the department’s workload. This customer services/administrative position will have an impact on department operations by completing clerical tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Some clerical experience
· Experience in a healthcare setting
· Ability to possess and use excellent customer relation skills
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
· Keyboard skills
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
On-call Requirement: N/A
Schedule Requirements: Based on department needs
Travel Requirements: N/A
· Reporting relationship may vary based on the department, generally the department manager.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position:
· Greets patients, visitors and others in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· Answers common, non-clinical/non-complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate.
· Provides telephone coverage including receiving calls, taking messages and transferring calls as appropriate and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· As the workflow and the work area allows and requires, may perform other clerical duties which may include functions such as:
o Referencing data from a database or computer system, documenting and/or communicating as appropriate
o Collecting specific information from patients and others
o Sorting and distributing mail
o Sorting and filing records and files
o Scanning and faxing documents
o Coping and collating materials
o Stuffing materials, including customized materials, for mailings
o Preparing materials for mailing
o Pulling records and files
o Inputting specific data in limited fields
o Cleaning out and organizing storage areas and filing cabinets
o Packing files and documenting contents for long term storage
o Data inputting basic information into systems, databases or excel spreadsheets
o May cross cover as a Pre-Registration Associate
· Patient Financial Services
o Provides non-clinical feedback on patient’s account information as outlined by procedures
o Provides general information regarding the billing procedures or account status
o Enters patient demographic and other pertinent billing information into the system as directed and performs other data entry functions
o In the absence of department leaders, triages issues and answers volunteers’ questions about projects and assignments
o Provides non-clinical services to the guests and visitors over the weekend such as assistance with flowers, calling cabs, etc.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.