Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under supervision of HR leadership, and exercising independent judgment and decision making within the scope of the role, provides administrative, project, and executive support to the Vice President, Human Resources at Winchester Hospital. Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the office, and serves as the principle point of administrative contact with internal and external stakeholders. This position functions as the coordinator and is empowered to manage and maintain internal and external professional schedule(s). Has occasion to work with highly confidential strategic, financial and staff information. Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the larger activity of the functional unit. May provide specialist services in multiple administrative areas within HR, depending on business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Key aspects of this position include communication and interaction with Human Resources colleagues locally and in Burlington, Senior Management, Physicians, Hospital staff and external contacts; complex calendar coordination; project management; meeting management and logistics; and other administrative duties.
- Manages and maintains Vice President’s and Director’s calendar, schedules meetings and appointments with accuracy anticipating conflicts and time constraints.
- Arranges catering requests, meeting supplies, room reservations, etc. Coordinates attendance, makes travel and conference arrangements.
- Collects and organizes relevant data in advance of meetings to assist in decision making.
- Composes and types complex, confidential, routine and not routine correspondence, memos, forms, charts, tables, policies, reports, and manuscripts from rough draft.
- Assist in budget development as well as monitoring departmental budgets and accounts by gathering appropriate reports and records, identifying and resolving errors.
- Provides back up and back log support for administrative staff supporting departmental management team.
- High School Diploma
- One (1) year of secretarial school preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience working for an executive director.
- 5-7 years’ of related professional experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of Human Resources administration principles and practices preferred.
- Advanced computer skills using Google/G Suite
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The candidate must be proactive, detail-oriented and possess excellent communication skills including proofreading ability, strong project management skills, and the ability to perform complex tasks within short deadlines in a fast-paced executive office. Candidate must also possess the professional experience to function effectively in a team-oriented executive support environment.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to de-escalate complex complaints and conflicts and properly forward for resolution.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Ability to use independent judgment and manage confidential information.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.