Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
Under direction of the Education Director, the Teacher will provide quality services to students with emotional issues through a commitment to team participation in planning and implementation of student programs including specialized instruction, academic support and consultation to education staff.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records, and prepares reports on students and activities, as required by laws, organization policies, and administrative regulations.
- Supports students’ emotional and behavioral needs, using positive behavioral interventions and supports and trauma-informed teaching strategies.
- Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities; administers and grades tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Delivers instruction on MCAS preparation and facilitates MCAS administration or other standardized tests.
- In collaboration with Educational Director, develops and implements Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) to promote students' educational, physical, and social development.
- Develops content-specific and/or academic support curriculum aligned with state learning standards.
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instructs in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicates those objectives to students.
- Employs research-based instructional methodologies, strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Acts as coordinator of IEP implementation with general education staff; monitors student progress, participates in review and revisions of IEP, as appropriate.
- Meets with other staff members to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Observes and evaluates students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Uses computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares for assigned classes, and shows written evidence of preparation in the form of lesson plans upon request of immediate supervisor(s). Attends supervision as scheduled and integrates supervision feedback into work performance.
- Maintains all required training certifications (TCI, first aid, CPR etc.).
- Provides crisis supervision and floor assistance as needed; responds in accordance with TCI protocols.
- Attends staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- Selects, stores, orders, issues, and inventories classroom equipment, materials, and supplies
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university and holds a MA certification or eligible for MA certification. Master’s degree and certification in special education preferred.
- Experience working with students who have emotional and behavioral issues; modifying/adapting general education curriculum; providing education services in varied environments.
- Ability to function as a member of an educational team, collaborate with general education staff, support personnel, community agencies, and parents. Strong classroom management and knowledge of positive behavioral interventions and supports . Ability to be flexible and receptive to change.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.