Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 170476-1A
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Category: Adv Practice/Non MD Provider
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Job: Electrophysiology Mid-level Practitioner ( Inpatient-Outpatient)
Primary Location: Burlington, MA
Organization Lahey Hospital and Medical Center (LHMC)
Shift Day Shift
Forecasted paid hours per shift 10
Forecasted hours per pay week 40
Employee Status: Full time
Join Lahey Hospital and Medical Center for an outstanding opportunity as Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) with Cardiology/Electrophysiology.
The electrophysiology NP/PA will function as a member of the electrophysiology team at Lahey Hospital Medical Center providing inpatient and outpatient services. This individual will be responsible for providing the following services:
1. Outpatient evaluation of new patients with various cardiac rhythm problems. Facilitating work up and therapeutic procedures including cardiac implanted electronic devices-CIEDs- (pacemakers and implantable defibrillators) and catheter ablation procedures.
2. Outpatient follow up for patients with CIEDs including device interrogations and evaluation of remote monitoring in the EP Device Clinic; A resource for the needs of the pacemaker ICD clinic
3. Outpatient follow up for patients who have undergone pacemaker/ICD implant, cardioversion, cardiac monitoring, antiarrhythmic drug therapy, endocardial ablation, left atrial appendage closure device implant.
4. Evaluation of un-scheduled “drop-in” patients, who require device interrogation or follow up from EP procedures.
5. Inpatient responsibilities in the Interventional Cardiology Hold Unit (ICHU) and on the medical floor.
6. Performs Cardioversions and Loop monitor implants/explants.
Reports to LHMC Director of Cardiac Arrhythmia Service.
STANDARDS OF PRACTICE AND PERFORMANCE
1. Assumes major responsibility for the direct care of patients in the inpatient/outpatient setting as outlined in the job description above and follow up of testing orders. This job will be performed with close collaboration with the attending physicians, NP’s/PA’s and cardiology teams at LHMC.
2. Works collaboratively with Electrophysiology attending physicians.
3. Provides timely initial assessment, diagnostic evaluation, management, and follow-up of EP patients as appropriate to the specific job task.
4. Participates in the interdisciplinary evaluation, management, and follow-up of patients using appropriate clinical practice guidelines.
5. Collaborates with the Electrophysiology team including physicians, fellows, NPs, PAs, RNs, and others to ensure coordination and continuity of care for Electrophysiology patients across settings and over time.
6. Participates in conferences and educational opportunities within LHMC
7. Provides patient and/or family centered care by including patient and/or family in health care decision making; providing health education, counseling and referrals to other health professionals and resources.
8. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team through the development of collaborative and innovative practices and evaluation of patient care outcomes.
9. Evaluates quality outcomes for the Electrophysiology team through participation in the development of quality indicators for the EP patient population.
10. Provides other duties as requested which are consistent with the advanced practice role.
SCOPE AND HOURS OF WORK
Following an orientation and training period of 30 – 90 days (varies depending on background, previous training and experience, specific skills require extended time), the candidate will participate in the management of outpatient electrophysiology referral and follow up clinics, urgent visits, ICD and pacemaker device follow up clinics as well as coordination of care in the inpatient setting. This NP/PA will work a full-time schedule and collaborate with attending physicians, fellows, residents and other NPs/PAs to establish appropriate follow-up.
1. Current and unencumbered Massachusetts State Registered Nurse and NP or Physician Assistant License with prescriptive authority.
2. Master’s Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or applicable degree from PA program.
3. Certification by a national board certifying organization.
4. Proven excellence working in an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in patient care.
6. Training and/or experience in the provision of outpatient care including: initial and ongoing assessment, diagnostic evaluation, and management of patients with significant cardiac disease.
7. 12 months of CCU/ICU/cardiac telemetry ward nursing and/or cardiology ARNP or PA experience preferred.
8. Candidates with Cardiology/ Electrophysiology and Cardiac Device experience preferred
The Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Diversity is a core value at Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for our staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.