Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 170647-1A
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Works with the facilities leadership team and the Plant Operations and HVAC teams to
coordinate the proper operation of the building automation system (BAS) and related components. Work includes direct
oversight of BAS system, including troubleshooting, repair, and verification of repair order to maintain the system in
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Monitors the operation of the Building Automation System (BAS), assuring the system is fully operation while
minimizing energy consumption to optimal levels.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs, or coordinates needed repairs, of the system and dispatches the appropriate trade to
repair the system as needed.
3. Oversees and assists the HVAC Mechanics in performing equipment troubleshooting and repair and
preventative maintenance of DDC control based systems.
4. Follows up with end users as needed, providing a high level of customer service through clear and timely
updates on the status of open work orders.
5. Maintains documentation of outstanding and completed jobs in the hospital-based work order system (CMMS).
6. Maintains necessary supply of spare/replacement parts and thorough documentation of on-site inventory.
7. Acts as a liaison between current BAS vendor and LHMC.
8. Researches the potential installation of energy savings devices to maximize our savings.
9. Proposes new energy saving initiatives identified by the BILH system energy manager andmanager and oversees
implementation of these initiatives.
10. Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
11. Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily
12. Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
13. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
14. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres
to Customer Service standards.
17. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18. Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19. Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.Minimum Qualifications:
Education: High School or Trade School graduate. College/University course work a plus.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: HVAC license preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
? Comprehensive knowledge of DDC systems and mechanical HVAC equipment. Experience with Ecostructure
and Andover controls is highly desirable.
? Able to work independently or part of a team.
? Strong verbal and written communication skills
? Strong customer service skills
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience working with DDC control based systems. Experience working with Andover Conrols/Sneider Electric preferred. Experience in a Healthcare settling preferred..
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.