Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the general supervision of the Department Leadership, the Patient Care Coordinator provides administrative and clinical support within the Hematology and Oncology and Infusion Services departments at Lahey, Burlington and Lahey North. The Patient Care Coordinator gathers patient information for registration, schedules appointments, verifies demographic and insurance information and assists in the facilitation of patient flow throughout the HemOnc clinic. The Patient Care Coordinator coordinates transitions of care within BILH for infusion services at Lahey Burlington and Lahey North.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Greets and provides assistance to visitors, patients and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answers and directs telephone calls and other inquiries to the appropriate person, assisting callers as needed.
- Updates patient data and schedules appointments.
- Discusses fees and financial policies with patients.
- Screens potential new patients to Infusion Services at BIDMC infusion services located at Lahey Burlington and Lahey North. Summarizes the information and presents it to the Nurse Navigator to further evaluate and decide on next steps.
- Accurately obtains patients vital signs.
- Follows up with patients as needed and provides them with necessary information to facilitate ongoing treatment.
- Composes correspondence, memoranda and spreadsheets, proofreads documents for typographical errors and makes revisions. Submits documents to supervisor or other designated department personnel for approval.
- Meets with patients and collects screening information at intake.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Assist with clinical materials such as: charts, folders, consents and educational materials.
- Operates standard office equipment i.e. fax, telephone, copier. Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to IT Help Desk or appropriate department.
- Attends and participates in meeting, as required.
- Routinely handles large amounts of sensitive, confidential information and maintains confidentiality.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other services providers. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- General educational requirements
- Specific vocational or professional training
- Credential and licensure requirements
- Specialized or technical skills required, including computer applications proficiency (e.g. Basic Excel, Intermediate Word, and knowledge of electronic medical records)
- Other skills, knowledge, and abilities required to do the job
- Amount of directly related experience required
Minimum requirements include:
High School diploma
Experience working in Customer Service
Computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs and willingness to document in an Electronic health Record
Preferred requirements include:
Associates degree in human services or another related field
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.