Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 170450-1A
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by greeting and assisting customers in the gift shop This customer service position will have an impact on patient, employee and visitor satisfaction by providing superior customer service and a friendly atmosphere as our customers procure their food, drink and a moment of relaxation.
Preferred: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: Retail, customer service or cash handling experience
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
· Basic math skills
· Ability to use a calculator
· Able to work a flexible schedule
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: N/A
Schedule requirements: Weekend and Holiday rotation is required. Schedule may vary based on department needs
Travel requirements: May be assigned to any of the retail locations
· Reports to the Supervisor of Retail Operations
· Accepts direction from the Chair of the Winton Club
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
· Greets customers and answers their questions, including directions about the hospital
· Answers questions about the merchandise and assists customers with selecting purchases.
· Verifies cash and secures cash drawer for shift.
· Rings customer transactions
· Counts cash at the end of shift and verifies cash bank.
· Complies with department standards for cash handling procedures.
· Runs daily retail summary and other reports
· Prepares deposit and completes reconciliations
· Anticipates and meets operational and customer service needs; takes appropriate steps to rectify issues.
· Addresses and resolves customer complaints
· Stocks and orders selected merchandise items sold in the establishment based on expected par levels. Makes recommendation to the Winton Club about revising par levels. Makes suggestions and seeks approval through the Winton Club to order new merchandise to meet our customers’ needs.
· Markets products with attractive displays and signs/menus to encourage sales.
· Completes comprehensive handoff at shift change.
· Maintains a clean work area and fulfills daily cleaning assignments to ensure an attractive retail establishment
· Uses equipment to maximize its useful life. Responds to supply/equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability and optimal operations.
· Passes along customer feedback and suggestions to supervisor. Communicates observations about the operation that may result in improved efficiency or customer satisfaction.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.