Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Serves as the primary liaison with the Tufts Office of Faculty Affairs, overseeing all aspects of faculty teaching appointment and promotion. Coordinates with divisional administration and departmental faculty. Facilitates and participates in meetings with the LHMC Chief Academic Officer, Tufts Dean, and the Tufts Office of Faculty Affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manages the Tufts Medical School academic appointment process for all LHMC faculty.
- Provides support to LHMC Department and Division Chairs in identifying eligible faculty for Tufts faculty appointments and provides guidance in coordinating dossier documentation and referee letters;
- Oversees division faculty with compiling format compliant CV, teaching portfolio, referee tracking list and publication submission.
- Coordinates and compiles final dossier documentation for Tufts faculty appointments and promotions and reviews documentation with CAO for approval for submission to Tufts Office of Faculty Affairs.
- Maintains faculty appointment database;
- Works closely with the Dean of Faculty Affairs and administrators at the Tufts faculty affairs office in meeting the Medical School requirements for student rotations at LHMC.
- Administers and coordinates faculty development programs. Provides workshops on the faculty appointment and promotion process.
- Manages academic affairs projects under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer.
- Supports the Tufts Academic Dean at LHMC.
- Provides organizational and administrative support for special projects in coordination with the Chief Academic Officer.
- Provides support to the Medical Education Department in the organization and conduct of special projects as required.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in academic administration in an academic medical center or medical school.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must be able to type and be comfortable using Microsoft Office including Word and Excel and learning new computer programs.
- Must possess excellent verbal and writing skills.
- The ability to perform independently and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.