Welcome to the Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network (BILHPN). BILHPN is a clinically integrated network of physicians, clinicians, and hospitals committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective care to the patients and communities they serve, while effectively managing medical expense. Leveraging best practices in population health management and data analytics, BILHPN improves care quality and patient health outcomes across Beth Israel Lahey Health through population health initiatives. BILHPN brings together the expertise of more than 4,500 providers across Eastern Massachusetts who share a common goal to achieve success in a value-based delivery system.
About the Job
The Sr. Data Analyst manages multiple complex data projects simultaneously. Serves as primary point of contact for data report requests for business units. Leverages software applications to design solutions, performs detailed data mapping and analysis and reviews all data for accuracy and reasonableness prior to distribution. Produces business, research or clinical intelligence for key stakeholders. The Sr. Data Analyst will utilize strong analytical, technical and communication skills to understand, track and resolve issues with internal and external stakeholders and will facilitate best practice in business processes as a subject matter expert on existing data availability and the impact on reporting.
In collaboration with department leadership, works as a strategic business partner with members of the clinical, operations, medical economics, and performance analytics teams to produce accurate data and effective reports that assist in key decision making, quality improvement, education, research, and enhanced patient outcomes.
The Sr Data Analayst's Responsibilities are:
- Serve as the lead organizational resource on data availability and differences by source. Document project status, process workflows and technical details.
- Responsible for guiding the Data Integration Analysts with ongoing data collection and validation from multiple data sources. Develop processes and write queries to monitor overall data quality and uncover inconsistencies. Operationalize testing strategies for quality control of new data feeds to ensure quality metrics are captured and accurately calculated.
- Manage data flow with external warehouse vendors. Facilitate vendor status meetings and weekly tracking of work list items to ensure schedules are met.
- Assures the integrity of data, works directly with payers/data vendor(s) to solve any data related issues and makes appropriate recommendations to the Risk Units (RU)/Accountable Care Units (ACU) leadership to help report on population’s health trends
- Lead the analysis of clinical quality metrics and performance programs.
- Supervises data analysis and reporting in the department as well as provide data and analytics leadership. Guides staff in data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Ensures equal participation by team members, providing feedback to all levels of the team. Facilitate alignment of goals across the department.
- Works with members of the team and department to define problems and clarify objectives, determine data needs and assist in designing collection tools and reports.
- Work independently and collaboratively to locate and validate data, and to communicate data specifications to team members and leaders. Evaluates data and reports produced by team to assess if reporting meets end user requirements
- Use relational databases and program independently in at least one system such as MS SQL Manager, SAS, and Tableau to access, validate, and query data from data repositories. Operationalize testing strategies for quality control of new analysis and reports to ensure accuracy and reliability of data.
- Create reports and dashboards that track multidimensional performance against goals using data visualization tools. Present and describe complex data concepts to a non-technical audience. Distribute data to key stakeholders on a routine basis for internal analysis. Evaluate utility of reporting methods and visual representations frequently in order to most effectively communicate through data.
- Manages one or more complex data projects. Utilizes population health system and database applications to update and analyze data. Prepares and distributes various reports to key stakeholders.
- Meets with departmental leadership to review reports or requests for data. Maintains integrity and quality of data and assures data conformity meets operational requirements and goals. Acts as a central resource and integral member of data collection team. Assists in planning, establishing and monitoring criteria for data collection. Trains department staff on data acquisition methods. Extracts data from multiple sources. Audits and resolves all issues.
- Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools. Interprets data and refines analysis. Prepares and presents comprehensive reports.
- Provides application data collection, analytics and reporting expertise. Completes analytics in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with IT to obtain and maintain applications used for data collection and reporting. Recommends tools, upgrades and alternatives.
- Coordinates interface solutions with multiple applications.
- Ensures application access is in compliance with all regulatory and medical center practices.
- Acts as gatekeeper for application. Sets and defines user access and determines level of access. Reports all security risks to the application.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to use relational databases and program independently in at least one system such as SQL, MySQL, SAS, Stata
- Ability to present and describe complex data concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire to offsite meetings and locations
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.