Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Biostatistician will collaborate with investigators on research projects with responsibility for analysis and presentation of project data. The Biostatistician will assist in statistical design consultation and provide data management and data analysis. Also, contributing to the application of statistical methods to advance scientific goals of various projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
The Biostatistician would be responsible for multiple clinical projects as prioritized by the research advisory board by providing high-quality statistical and data management services to intramural and extramural investigators such as:
- Study design and analysis of clinical trials including
- Hypothesis development
- Study design and methodology
- Sample size and power calculations
- Randomization schedules
- Data management strategies
- Data analysis and hypothesis testing
- Data presentation
- Manuscript review
- Grant proposal review and consultation
- Questionnaire design
- Generating reports on recruitment and retention of study subjects for clinical trials and epidemiologic studies
- Providing analytical results figures and tables to be utilized for scientific meetings, presentations, manuscripts and scientific grants.
Additionally, collaborate with Director of Informatics on three general projects requiring immediate implementation by:
- Supporting the development of the general Lahey Health clinical data repository data model, to assure that data collected and archived by Lahey Health is maximally usable for observational studies and analyses.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Collaborate with investigators and Sr. Biostatisticians to develop objectives, design sampling, randomization, and statistical analysis plans to achieve study objectives
- Perform appropriate methodological procedures for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling
- Collaborate with data managers and investigators to align statistical analysis plan with data collection procedures and forms
- Perform sample size and power calculations, generates randomization schema, and prepares statistical sections for research protocols and manuscripts
- Participates in regularly scheduled meeting with investigators and team that require statistical input
- Design tables and statistical procedures for specific research studies
- Assist with writing statistical design, methods, and analysis for manuscripts and research proposals
- Analyze data and prepare tables for interim and final reports
- Prepare written reports of statistical analyses
- Apply new statistical methodologies
- Ensure data integrity and compliance with security policies governed by HIPAA and the Lahey Clinic IRB
Education: Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, or related quantitative field.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Highly analytical and able to explain complex terminology to administration personnel, medical staff and other nontechnical professionals.
- Effective leadership, oral communication, writing, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Additionally, a basic knowledge in proposal development and grant writing is beneficial.
- Background and experience in clinical health IT or medical informatics required
- Masters level training or beyond in Informatics or related field
- Knowledge of Stata, SPSS, SAS, or R (proficiency with multiple statistical programs preferred).
- Experience in database software helpful.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.