Location: Peabody, MA
Job ID: 168993-1A
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief Anesthesia Technician , assists the
Anesthesiologists' and CRNAs' with technical preparation for inducing anesthesia , intubation,
and airway management. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment used for
administration of anesthesia and other related procedures. The position is fast moving and
covers a large area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
I. Sets-up operating room with required equipment and supplies according to the type of cases and ages of the
patients. Consults with Anesthesiologist or CRNA for specific setup needs as necessary or requested .. Locati
include but not limited to Operating Rooms, Radiology, Litho, EP, Radiation Therapy and Endoscopy.
2. Prepares care for the patient by the followin g:
• Assi sts anesthesiologists with line placements including central lines, followin g sterile technique. Calibrates
equipment as required i.e. Transducers and SY02 Cath eters.
• Assists Anesthesiologists and CRNAs with airway management, including set up for airway care, set up of
Skill s, Knowledge & Abilities:
Ability to prepare and set up equipment for Anesthesia procedures.
Ability to maintain ste rile field s, Clean and di sinfect anesthes ia in struments and equipment.
Ability to perform technical duties in complex clinica l situations
Knowledge of medical terminology
Ability to use anesthes ia equipment and related supplies
Knowledge of basic patient care.
Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
Ability to set-up, operate and troubl eshoot anesthesia delivery
fiberoptic scope, set up of atomizer and topical so lutions for awake intubation, assists with cricoid pressured
• Tests, sets-up, maintains sterile technique and processes autologous blood products for re-i nfusion. Package,
and report to Anesthesiologist the volume, estimated blood loss (EBL) and returned processed unit vo lume.
• Set up and prepare Anesthesia machines for latex and malignant hyperthermia cases.
Assists Anesthesiologist by the following:
• Sets up IV so lutions, equipment, cardiac monitors and anesthesia machines. Changes tanks on machines and
line canisters as needed.
• Responsible for cleaning anesthesia machines as well as other anesthesia equipment, after each case. Remove
empty or unused vials, syringes, or medi cation bags (Exception: Federal DEA Schedule V and higher
medications) and di sposes them in appropriate receptac les after each case.
• Takes appropriate used equipment parts to C.S.S. for process ing and sterilization .
• Follows established protocols and uses proper sterile technique in the procedure room environment.
• Orders tanks of gases or other anesthesia supplies as necessary, brings low stock items to the supervisors attention.
• Maintain appropriate ly stocked red ca1is prior to OR entry
Education : High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of experience in a patient care environment.
30 Hour Position
Monday - Friday
11AM - 5:30PM
3 - 4 Months of Training - First couple weeks of training, hours would be 7AM - 3:30PM
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.