Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 169805-1A
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by performing and assisting cardiac stress test for physician review and interpretation. This clinical staff position will have an impact on improving patient and physician satisfaction by providing the best possible experience for our patient as well as providing quality test results for physician review.
Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D
Preferred: Two-year allied health degree
Required: Knowledge of cardiac physiology either acquired on the job or through formal training
Preferred: Experience in a medical setting
· Basic Computer Skills
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS Required, ACLS Preferred
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Children, Adolescents, Adults, and Geriatrics
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both
On-call: On-call rotation to ensure department coverage on Saturdays
Schedule requirements: N/A
Travel requirements: N/A
· Reports to the Supervisor of Cardiology
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Cardiology team, the Cardiac Stress Technician:
· Performs inpatient and outpatient cardiac stress test to physician orders.
· Interviews the patient for symptoms, current medications and cardiac history and documents information in patient chart.
· Prepares patient for procedure by preparing skin for electrode placement, demonstrates proper testing technique (if patient is walking) and accurately placing electrodes on patient.
· Acquires and documents base line EKG, blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen levels.
· Assists physician with monitoring and documents patient vital signs during and after testing and notifies physician and/or appropriate personnel of any adverse reaction.
· Completes patient worksheet and finalizes report for physician review.
· Cleans all testing equipment after each exam.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.