Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 169851-1A
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, heal and to excel in service to our community by independently performing radiographic examinations in accordance to department protocols and ACR imaging standards and maintaining safety standards, using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, PACS, and other related medical imaging equipment This professional technologist position will have an impact on quality, safety and the patient experience.
Required: Completed accredited Radiology Technology Program and be registry eligible
Preferred: Associates Degree in a Radiology Technology
Preferred: At least one year
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
· Massachusetts Radiologic Technologist license and registry eligible for ARRT.
· Must be obtained ARRT within 12 months of hire.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Neonates, Infants, Children, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
On-call: As needed
Schedule requirements: Required to regularly rotate through days, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
Travel requirements: May be scheduled at any of the radiology locations
· Reports to the:
o (Hospital) Day Supervisor on day shift
o (Hospital) Evening Supervisor on evening/nights/weekend
o (Baldwin Park II) Manager, Offsite Imaging
o (Family Medical Center) Site Supervisor
o (Reading Health Center) Site Supervisor
o (Montvale Diagnostic Center) Manager, Offsite Imaging
o Radiology Supervisor, Pain Clinic
As part of the Radiology team, the Radiology Technologist I
· Greets, escorts, assesses, educates and identifies patients making the patients feel welcomed and comfortable and fulfilling all safety and quality checks, including verifying exam orders.
· Performs exams utilizing ALARA standards (As Low as Reasonably Acceptable).
· Completes diagnostic imaging examinations following established exam protocols established by Radiologists.
· Enters examinations correctly, ensuring accurate and informative documentation and appropriate charges are entered.
· Electronically sends and stores images and data appropriately in PACS.
· Maintains all department records and logs to monitor quality and safety in accordance with departmental policies.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment presenting the best possible impression of facilities and fostering our culture of safety.
· Responds to supply and equipment issues timely to ensure optimum operations and equipment quality and long-term equipment maintenance and life.
· Transports and provides ambulatory assistance to patients as necessary.
· Educates and informs patients and family members throughout the patients’ experience.
· Communicates effectively with the healthcare team utilizing established handoff procedures.
· Gives and accepts respectful feedback to enhance teamwork.
· Minimizes preventable harm events and consistently executes the infection control protocols. Incorporates the Culture of Safety tools in daily practice, adhering to quality and safety guidelines and communicating near-miss or potential risks.
· Coordinates work schedule with departmental supervisor to maintain adequate staffing levels to meet our patients’ and physicians’ needs.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.