This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Waltham, MA
Job ID: 170091-1B
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2022
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time) and New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
Primary care settings have become a gateway for many individuals with behavioral health and mental health challenges. To address these needs the collaborative care model was developed, which embeds behavioral health clinicians into primary care offices. Our embedded clinicians are an essential part of a multidisciplinary team. Clinicians will partner with providers to recognize and treat mental health disorders and substance abuse by identifying, triaging and managing patients. They provide short-term therapy, using a range of evidence-based treatment modalities. Other tasks include: behavioral health screenings to identify level of care, resource finding and treatment planning.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and flexible with strong, proactive communication skills and the ability to work independently while making a difference in the lives of the clients we serve.
• Review medical records prior to initial evaluation to familiarize with the patient's history to perform a thorough, quality assessment.
• Assess patients for behavioral health disorders and the continuum of substance use disorders, including use, abuse and/or dependence.
• Utilize clinical skills in brief treatment approaches such as: CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem-Solving Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Behavioral Activation and Psycho-Education.
• In collaboration with the primary care treatment team, design behavioral health treatment plans of care based on patient needs and overall assessment.
• Design and execute effective behavioral health and substance use education curricula classes for staff and other providers.
• Complete all clinical documentation within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
• Develop supervision plan with supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, visitors, external providers, regulatory bodies, and the broader health care community.
• Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times.
• Master's degree in Social Work or other directly-related Human Service discipline.
• Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) required.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.