Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 169887-1A
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, to heal, and to excel in service to our community and to deliver the best possible patient care by safely transporting hospital employees to and from offsite locations and the Hospital in an efficient, timely, and friendly manner. This customer service staff position will have an impact on employee satisfaction and operations and positively impact the community’s impression of our Hospital by respecting the rules of the road and our neighbors.
Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Commercial or passenger transport experience
Preferred: Customer service experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Note possible and/or require rotations
Travel requirements: N/A
Reports to Security, Transportation and Parking Manager – shuttles and off-sites.
Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Security team, this position:
· Operates shuttles to provide safe, clean and timely transportation.
· Obeys traffic regulations, using defensive driving skills and drives with seatbelts fastened.
· Follows hospital route and speeds limit policies being cognizant that the Hospital Shuttle service is a visible representation of the Hospital throughout the community.
· Assists passengers on and off the bus as requested.
· Performs daily vehicle inspections to ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
· Uses radio in a professional manner to keep security and other buses informed of traffic and location status.
· Informs management of any maintenance and/or safety hazards and concerns
· Complies with state, local and federal regulations governing transit vehicle operations.
· Courier materials between locations.
· Provides special shuttle services to meet the needs of the Hospital and to address inclement weather situations.
M Tu Th F - 7.5 hours per day = 30 hrs
1200P - 730P
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.