Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Sign-On Bonus - $5,000 for Non-BILH candidates to be paid-out over 2 payments over the first year; must have experience.
Under supervision and while working with the cardiologist, operates radiology equipment during cardiac catheterizations in order to diagnose and quantify cardiac disorders. Serves as scrub or circulating assistant; performs physiologic monitoring during cath procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assists physician during cardiac catheterizations by operating radiology equipment, scrubbing and standing at the procedure table for the duration of the case, circulating with regards to maintaining patient safety and gathering all equipment required and needed during a procedure. This will involve physical activity.
- Prepares cath lab and readiness of radiographic equipment, including camera, , pressure injection and any technical devices being used during the procedures such as IABP, CSI, Impella etc.
- Uses sterile techniques to set up for the procedure, such as opening up sterile packs and preparing instruments, sterile table and prepping & draping the patient with sterile sheets.
- Monitors and assesses patient’s status during the procedure; reports potential changes to registered nurse or physician.
- Provides emotional support to the patient to reduce patient’s anxiety during catheterization.
- Compiles patient’s test results and records in patient record via the EMR and PACS system.
- Maintains equipment such as single plane catheterization lab, homodynamic monitoring equipment, pressure injectors, , film viewers, defibrillators, hemochroms, omimeters, etc.; Keeps equipment in working order to ensure safe operation. Applies proper infection control cleaning procedures to equipment and lab.
- Calibrates and troubleshoots all radiology equipment as needed.
- Restocks lab for next day’s procedures, keeping supervisor apprised of needed supplies.
- May assist on recording charges for provided services in EPIC.
- May be required to assist during procedures performed in the electro-physiology lab.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned, including transport of patients from and to the holding area, CCU, OR etc.
- Applicant needs to be able to respond to any page call within 30mins when applicant is scheduled to be on call.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Education: Successful completion of a two year accredited program in radiologic technology.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: .
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Requires current Massachusetts license as Registered Radiologic Technologist.
ARRT ( R)
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by the Mass Department of Public Health Radiation Control Program
- Requirement for Basic Life Support; enter as “BLS’ in PSoft.
- Requirement for Advanced cardiac Life Support.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Experience: Up to one year of cath lab experience preferred.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.