Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 169839-1A
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2022
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, to heal, and to excel in service to our community by cleaning clinical units, which include patient rooms and all other areas of the hospital. This staff position will have an impact on patient and family members’ satisfaction as the cleanliness of clinical areas directly impacts people’s perception of the hospital and thoroughly cleaning surfaces is a key step toward infection control and prevention.
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: Customer service experience
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to effectively communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Area assignment and schedule may vary based on department needs. Holidays and weekend rotations required.
Travel requirements: As needed for off site locations.
Other: Must be Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
As part of Guest Services/Environmental Services team, this position:
· Cleans clinical areas which include, patient rooms, medication and storage areas, hallways and staff areas, waiting areas, utility rooms and restrooms
· Initiates the seven step cleaning process when cleaning which includes trash/recycling, high dusting, damp wiping, cleaning restrooms, dust mopping, damp mopping, bed making and final room inspection.
· Restocks paper products, trash bags and soap supplies throughout patient and public areas.
· Introduces oneself personably to patients and family members when entering a room and explains the purpose of the visit. Represents the hospital professionally by wearing a visible name tag and neat uniform. Is respectful of the patient’s privacy and personal items.
· Assists with distributing food trays to patients by following appropriate procedures.
· Updates the bed tracking system, using the pager system to expedite the cleaning of patient rooms upon discharge, transfer, or as necessary to help maximize patient throughput and minimize patient wait times.
· Communicates with the Service Response Center on a regular basis to accept and close out tasks.
· Maintains a clutter-free environment by removal/disposal of soiled linen.
· Assists in emergency situations throughout patient areas following department specific requirements.
· Monitors and replaces regulated medical waste (red bags/sharps) in patient areas using infectious control procedures.
· Remove curtains, launder and rehang as needed.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.