Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist and working within their scope of practice as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Physical Therapy Assistant implements rehabilitative programs that improve or restore physical function, alleviate pain and prevent dysfunction in patients with impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status from injury, disease or other causes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Treatment Planning and Intervention
- Safely and effectively implements the treatment intervention. Applies sound clinical judgment and skill.
- Engages a high degree of patient motivation and cooperation in treatment, as evidenced by patient compliance with treatment intervention.
- Provides patient/family education during therapy and in preparation for discharge.
- Patient Care Documentation
- Thoroughly and accurately maintains all medical record documentation in accordance with the department policy and procedures.
- Documents daily treatment notes in the medical record according to the standards defined in the department policy and procedure.
- Meets department standards for productivity.
- Delegates tasks to support staff when appropriate.
- Completes daily statistics in accordance with the department policy.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of Quality Improvement Initiatives within the department and organization, and assists in data collection.
- Training, Education, and Information Sharing
- Attends internal and external educational programs and reads appropriate professional journals, in order to maintain and enhance Physical Therapy Assistant skills and clinical outcomes.
- Shares knowledge and skills with co-workers.
- Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Associates Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Active MA Physical Therapy Assistant License
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy Assistant theory and practice.
- Ability to observe and record symptoms, reactions and progress.
- Skilled in critical judgement and critical thinking.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner that may be easily understood by the patient. Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy services, facilities and equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a pc and a variety of electronic systems and databases used for scheduling, data collection, reporting, communication, and other relevant activities.
- Ability to determine individual patient needs.
- Skill in maintaining patient medical record.
- Knowledge of range of therapy methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information.
Experience: Requires at least one year of experience typically gained in a healthcare or related environment.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.