Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager of Talent Acquisition, the HR Assistant will provide support to the Employment Team and assist with other HR projects and initiatives. This individual will support the recruitment team, as well as the HR Business Partners to ensure that the pre-employment process is complete and requirements are met. This position will also facilitate the on-boarding process, as well as back up the HR reception area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides HR support to LHMC and is a point of contact for employee questions.
- Actively participates as a member of the Human Resources team, participating in projects, activities and colleague work assignments. Participates in programs that enhance training, communication, processes and other workflows.
- Coordinates and tracks professional licenses, certifications and registration renewals.
- Prepares offer letters and on-boarding paperwork for candidates to ensure a positive on-boarding experience, as well as schedule appointments with Employee Health.
- Communicates with candidates and internal stakeholders regarding new hire start date and new hire status throughout on-boarding cycle.
- Coordinates and ensures all pre-employment requirements are met, including health center visits, new hire paperwork, ID badge, etc.
- Attends monthly new hire orientations and is responsible for new employee orientation materials and creation of packets.
Facilitate and administer the job posting process:
- Verifies the appropriate approvals have been obtained prior to posting.
- Posts accurate and attractive postings to solicit the best qualified candidates.
- Collaborates with the HR Business Partner/Recruiter and/or leader to edit the posting to accurately reflect the current needs of the department within legal and job description constraints.
- Educates others on the necessary process for requests outside typical parameters and/or escalates, as necessary.
Performs administrative functions to facilitate the process of hiring an employee:
Completes eligibility to work, including but not limited to:
- CORI or other background check requirements
- OIG verification
- License and/or certification verification
- Produces offer letters from various templates. Modifies templates to reflect unique situations.
- Provides assistance on welcoming and setting up new employees.
- Schedules employee health screenings and sign on appointments, ensuring all stakeholders in the process have adequate notice of the appointments and the necessary information.
- Books individuals for the appropriate orientation meetings.
- Prepares mass and individualized sign on packets.
- Conducts sign on meetings when necessary, making the individual feel welcomed.
- Collects required paperwork and documentation
- Has the individual sign required forms
- Answers basic questions about the offer and/or benefits and escalates the question, as necessary, to the appropriate specialist.
- Creates employee badges.
- Enters data into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to accurately and timely set up the employee. Collaborates with the various stakeholders.
Other Administrative Support:
- Creates employee files and direct the files to the next step in the process, which could include filing
- Files other paperwork, as necessary
- Provides HRIS data input assistance, as necessary
- Calculates required HR metrics and presents scorecards, when requested
- Maintains other necessary reports and documents, as assigned
- Cover the phones and the front desk, and all of its associated duties occasionally
- Provides administrative assistance to others in the Human Resources team, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- At least two years administrative experience in Human Resources, Recruitment or related field preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Proven ability to self-motivate, work independently and work as part of a team.
- Flexible to take on variety of tasks, adaptable and can anticipate opportunities for additional contributions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Positive, professional business presence.
High level of integrity and confidentiality.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.