Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 169764-1A
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Category: Information Services
Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under minimal supervision from the IS Applications Manager, takes the initiative to handle tasks independently and work with a team of Applications Systems Analysts and Applications Systems Engineers to perform a variety of IT tasks. Daily tasks include(but are not limited to):
Troubleshooting/supporting existing production ancillary systems
Leading and/or participating in system upgrades or new installations
Partnering with end-users on system related projects
Adhering to IT system change management processes
Participating in integrated testing
Conduct meetings and produce functional specifications.
In addition to working on Lahey Hospital and Medical Center’s mission-critical enterprise and departmental systems, projects/installations may encompass work on Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) System initiatives across the Enterprise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Deliver high quality work within established timeframes. Able to manage and participate in several medium and large scale projects.
2. Work closely with the user community to fully understand business requests. Advise on system features and/or facilitate communications within IS and with vendor(s) on options to address the business requirements. Remain current on vendor offerings and changing technologies.
3. Support production ancillary systems: troubleshoot technical application issues, document and manage incoming requests whether handled internally or by a vendor. Understand the interdependencies, internal workings, integration points, and connectivity of assigned systems.
4. Runs effective meetings. This includes scheduling, preparing an agenda, and ensuring that timely minutes are distributed to all invitees.
5. Participates in on-call (rotating) coverage.
6. Participate in the development of system test plans and system test cases. Must be able to coordinate and drive the execution of the test plan with key end-user participation. Includes effective Issues List Management.
7. Produces, contributes to and /or maintains project plans. (Project assignments are usually large and complex.) Facilitates activities to ensure that project milestones and deadlines are met. Manages and tracks to milestone schedules and deliverables. Reports on status of projects.
8. Assist others within the team and the IS department when needed even if it is not a direct requirement for the applications supported by this role.
9. Participates in ongoing system, technical, and industry related classes and seminars.
Project Management Responsibilities
1. Adhere to the IT PMO’s defined project management methodology, tools and templates. Apply them to assigned projects
2. Identify project scope, project completion criteria and project implementation/execution approach.
3. Assure that all project team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
4. Apply project resources according to the approved project plan
5. Analyze risk and implement risk mitigation activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action
6. Track and manage project issues and report on progress
7. Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives
8. Keep all stakeholders informed of progress, issues, and risks which includes routine status reporting
9. Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk mitigation strategies
10. Maintain the project Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Dependencies, and Decision Logs
Licensure, Certification & Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.