Location: Lexington, MA
Job ID: 169612-1A
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2021
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the onsite physicians, provide direct patient care in the areas of cosmetics, aesthetic services, Biomedic micropeels, Micropeel Plus treatments and microdermabrasion treatments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Direct patient care, including schedule, medical records, ambulatory order form and encounter closeout form. Confirms patient appointments.
2. Perform micropeel, micropeel plus, microdermabrasion , Obagi treatments and make-up applications on patients
3. Instructs patients for future treatment and gives appropriate preparations and patient education materials
4. Documents that patient instructions were given and patients response
5. Assist with special projects as directed.
6. Assist physicians with patient consults regarding skin care
7. Assists co-workers and cross trains in all areas where needed and performs a variety of other duties
8.Provides high quality customer service and enlists superior communications skills when interfacing with patients, physicians and others.
9. Answers all telephone inquires and questions regarding the skin care program and other services.
10. Processes all patient product orders either by mail or in person.
11. Responsible for stocking shelves and keeping inventory of currant skin care products in their area.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Massachusetts’s State Aesthetician Licensure Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Performs comprehensive facial esthetic services. an understanding of surgical and laser procedures, evaluate skin care products and ingredients, and practice pre- and post-operative care routines. Proficient in standard office procedures and operation of business machines, (pc, fax, telephone, dictaphone, others as appropriate). Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; organizational skills and attention to detail. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Minimum 1200 hours in course practicum and/or one year experience.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.