Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 169614-1A
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2022
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by greeting and helping patients, patients’ families, and visitors. This customer service position may be the first face of the organization when visiting the hospital and can have a dramatic impact on making individuals feel welcomed and ease their anxiety by answering their questions and directing them accordingly.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Prior customer service and/or experience in a health care setting
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent decision making skills
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
On-call Requirement: N/A
Schedule Requirements: Based on department needs. May include holidays.
Travel Requirements: N/A
· Reporting to Manager of Volunteers and Greeters
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position:
· Greets patients and others timely and in a manner that is respectful and empathetic.
· Provides assistance with the entry/exit doors.
· Asks patients to sign the outpatient registration log.
· Directs individuals to their desired location.
o May looks up information such as patient appointment times and locations, meeting/class events and patients rooms.
o Reviews the computer system to assess the information.
o Takes other measures to ensure individuals are directed as needed, including calling areas to determine the proper location.
o When needed, escorts individuals. Informs security and/or registration when leaving the desk.
· Answers common, non-clinical/complex questions and escalates questions as appropriate. Provides general information regarding the Hospital, its services and other information to improve the total experience.
· Provides verbal as well as written directions throughout the facility(ies.)
· Offers wheelchair when appropriate. Retrieves wheelchair and assists individual into the chair. Pushes patient in wheelchair as necessary.
· Communicates to appropriate department/individuals about patient’s/visitor’s arrival when appropriate.
· Enters patient discharge orders.
· Provides non-clinical comfort and service recovery measures to patients, their family members and/or visitors. Escalates significant issues to supervisor.
· Reimburses individuals for vending machine errors. Reconciles cash. Alerts Food Services of problems.
· Provides a friendly farewell and well wishes when individuals leave the hospital.
· As the workflow and the work area allows, may perform other clerical duties such sorting, collating materials, copying, stuffing envelops and attaching labels for mailings.
· Maintains a neat and orderly presentation of the Greeter desk and area. Reports any facility and safety issues to the Service Response Center.
· Represents the hospital professionally by being neat and pleasant at all time.
Every other Saturday; 7:00am-3:00pm
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.