Welcome to Lahey Health Continuing Care, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Our team provides ongoing care to individuals through our assisted living and skilled nursing facilities. Our teams of nurses, aides, food service, and environmental service employees work to create an environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents and patients, along with their families.
About the Job
Represents the residence in a professional, pleasant, courteous and accommodating manner to the community and general public. Assists Director of Business Services with resident billing and special projects. Is available to fill in for the Receptionist in the Business Office where the duties include meeting and greeting all visitors to the residence and directing them to the appropriate person/area. Directs all incoming phone calls to the appropriate party and performs other clerical duties such as typing, mail sorting, copying, faxing, etc.
Essential Job Functions: The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by The Herrick House, without posing a direct threat to himself, herself, or others.
Front Desk Responsibilities
- Handles all incoming telephone calls and greets guests and visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Directs calls, guests and visitors to appropriate person/department
- Responds to resident requests in a kind and courteous manner
- Coordinates front desk activities, communicating with co-workers either verbally or through the communication log book
- Maintains the front desk in a neat and orderly manner
- Responds to emergency situations by contacting appropriate party (911), fire department, etc.
- Sorts mail as needed
- Changes date on postage meter, monitors balance in postage meter and maintains correspondence with Pitney Bows
- Ensures Employment Applications are completed and submits a copy to appropriate Manager
- Collects 2 forms of IDs from new employees on orientation day
- Ensures new employees receive employee identification badge on orientation day
- Responsible for Business Office supply ordering
- Contacts Vendor for copy machine/fax machine issues
- Assists Director of Facilities Management in maintaining updated Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Closes out discharged residents from financial file and moves demographic sheet to discharged resident notebook
- Records guest meals in log book and distributes ticket as needed
- Prepares invitations for monthly resident birthday luncheon and orders corsages
- Supports The Herrick House Directors as needed
- Performs similar and other related duties as required
- Completes bank deposit slips and cash logs for all cash/checks received in a timely basis
- Copies checks and matches each rent check to monthly statement verifying amount paid matches amount billed
- Monitors and reconciles petty cash box held at reception desk
- Monitors/logs movie ticket sales to employees
- Reconciles Hairdresser/Manicurist cash receipts weekly
- Ensures all managers have submitted payroll time cards on Monday mornings
- Verifies each timecard has a corresponding check on Wednesdays
- Coordinates list for early release of paychecks based on policy guidelines
- Distributes checks on payday to managers and staff as requested
Other Business Office Duties
- Assists Director of Business Services with resident billing, inputting data into the billing system, cash receipts, etc.
- Handles the timely process of rate increase letters to residents at least 30 days prior to the increase due date
- Assists Director of Business Services with special projects as assigned
- Tracks and reconciles in-house telephone system billing with actual vendor billing
- Reconciles Gift Shop receipts to sales tape
- Records quarterly Gift Shop Sales Tax and submits payment