Location: Lowell, MA
Job ID: 169428-1A
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Family Partner staff work collaboratively with MCI Coordinator and Clinicians to intervene and stabilize youth in crisis, with a focus on providing support to parents, helping parents navigate the mental health system, and offering their own personal experience to help educate the next steps for the youth in crisis.
1. Work with family towards meeting goal(s) established in an existing behavioral health treatment plan/care plan.
2. Support the parent/caregiver’s capacity to ameliorate or resolve the youth’s emotional or behavioral needs and strengthen their capacity to parent.
3. Work one-on-one and maintain regular frequent contact with the parent(s)/caregiver(s) in order to provide education and support throughout the care planning process, attends Care Plan Team (CPT) meetings, and may assist the parent(s)/ caregiver(s) in articulating the youth’s strengths, needs, and goals for ICC to the care coordinator and CPT.
4. Educate parents/ caregivers about how to effectively navigate the child-serving systems for themselves and about the existence of informal/community resources available to them; and facilitates the parent’s/caregiver’s access to these resources.
5. Coordinate and communicate with members of the CBHI programs to serve as liaison between ESP and CBHI in order to support the Individual Care Plan.
6. Complete timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided.
7. Person carries a caseload as assigned.
8. Communicate with Managed Care Entities to ensure authorization for services provided.
Minimum staff qualifications for a Family Partner includes:
Part time, 32 hours - Evenings
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.