Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
: Under supervision of the Operations Manager, Team Leader, or Assistant Team Leader, the Breast Imaging Coordinator will be responsible for the scheduling of Breast Imaging exams as well as other administrative tasks, including QA measures, to support the smooth work flow of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Greet and properly identify patients
- Instruct patients to undress for exam and assists when necessary
- Instruct patients to fill out history form and/or use tablet questionnaire and assist when necessary
- Provides assistance to patient when necessary: changing, restroom, wheelchair, interpreter services, etc.
- Escort patients to other appointments within the hospital as needed.
- Maintain tidy patient waiting room.
- Stock patient educational brochures in waiting room.
- Responsible for various Quality Assurance measures to ensure timely, accurate reporting and patient notification as well as appropriate scheduling and follow-up care.
- Review patient schedule in advance and investigate appointments with inadequate history and/or mis-bookings
- Call mis-scheduled patients to reschedule/cancel appointments
- Create requisition for all patients to include proper history, requesting physician, PCP, and indicate if patient has a same-day follow-up appointment. Research appointment as needed
- Answer telephones and voicemail. Direct questions to the appropriate manager, technologist, or radiologist.
- Schedule screening, diagnostic, breast ultrasound, and breast biopsy appointments. Confirm order for all exams except screening
- Coordinate 6 month follow-up appointments for patients
- Coordinate Surgical Consult appointments for patients
- Assist Appointment Office as needed
- Prepare patient packets in advance to include requisition, order, previous report, outside film request form and result flyer as necessary
- Facilitate outside interpretation requests
- Request outside films for comparison and facilitate comparison reading and follow-up exams.
- Log and tack all outside films that enter department
- Review Breast Imaging reports and alert radiologist of any discrepancies
- Enter BIRAD data into Mammography tracking system for Breast Imaging reports
- Maintain the following QA reports:
- Extracted Data List
- Unresolved Follow-up List
- S List
- Reminder List
- No-Show List
- Call and reschedule all patients with missed appointments
- Notify all patients who are overdue for their screening mammogram or other breast imaging exam
- Notify radiologist and/or requesting MD when patient is overdue or refuses recommended breast imaging study
- Document all patient correspondence in Mammography tracking system
- Orientate new volunteers
- Review and mail all patient letters per department protocol
- Call and schedule appointments for patients needing additional testing or short-term follow up exam
- Upload Breast Imaging studies from outside facility CDs onto Life Image
- Assist Breast Imaging Radiologists as needed.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires excellent communication skills required to interface with patients and all levels of personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Knowledge of personal computers. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year of customer service experience, six months personal computer experience.
16 Hours / Days
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.