Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 169407-1A
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for the clinical management of assigned patients. Collaborates with other clinical staff and community providers to ensure that safe and therapeutic treatment is provided for all patients. In collaboration with the Director of Outpatient and Partial Hospital Services, plans appropriate individual and group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients. Supports the partial hospitalization mission in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
1. Carry a clinical caseload and maintain the required productivity level per the Program Director.
2. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
3. Complete accurate diagnostic assessments, develop treatment plans that are goal oriented and time limited and maintain appropriate plans.
4. Consistently provide appropriate individual, group and crisis intervention treatment for patients with mental health and substance abuse problems.
5. Assess crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate clinical treatment for patients.
6. Attend all treatment team meetings and work collaboratively with other team members.
7. Attend all appropriate clinical and administrative departmental meetings.
8. Support and implement administrative decisions in collaboration with PHP clinician.
9. Work with insurance to obtain approval for services provided.
10. Utilize and/or provide supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
11. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
12. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
13. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Restraint Prevention as well as other competencies as required by the position.
15. Maintain professional license &/or certification through participation in continuing education opportunities that are relevant to working with the PHP patient population.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
40 hours per week
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
At least one of the following: a Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, psychiatric nursing, social work, or other mental health field. Any professional licenses or certifications must be current and maintained.Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills. Knowledge of insurance requirements and utilization review practices.
Exhibits competency in the following areas:
1) Individual and/or group psychotherapy with the PHP patient population
2) Assessment and evaluation of patients with mental health or substance abuse issues
3) Crisis intervention and management
4) Addictions treatment
5) De-escalation and restraint prevention
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).