Location: Stoneham, MA
Job ID: 169210-1A
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by receiving, delivering, stocking, issuing and distributing hospital supplies and materials. This staff position will have an impact on the hospital’s operations by ensuring the departments have the supplies they need when they need them and on the hospital’s financial status by closely monitoring supply inventories and expirations to minimize waste.
Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience:Materials management or experience with clinical products
Required: Good organizational skills
Preferred: Knowledge of Meditech Materials Management Module and other computer applications
Required: Valid drivers license
Travel requirements: This position drives between the storeroom and all hospital locations, including off-sites
As part of the Materials Management team, this position:
· Accepts deliveries and reviews packing slips against purchase orders for accuracy and completeness. Reports discrepancies to Lead or Supervisor in the Lead’s absence.
· Stocks items in the warehouse and elsewhere in a safe, organized and easily retrievable manner.
· Pulls supplies, materials and equipment based on department’s orders and needs.
· Compiles deliveries in an organized manner to ease delivery and distribution.
· Drives supplies, materials, equipment and other staff members to the various hospital sites.
o Obeys traffic regulations, using defensive driving skills and drives with seatbelts fastened.
o Follows hospital route and speed limit policies being cognizant that the Hospital vehicles are a visible representation of the Hospital throughout the community.
o Performs daily vehicle inspections to ensure that the van is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
o Informs supervisor of any maintenance and/or safety hazards and concerns.
· Delivers supplies, materials and equipment to the various hospital departments, which may include off-site locations. Depending on the department procedures, may involve counting and stocking par level inventories.
· Rotates stock to avoid obsolescence.
· Performs inventory of par levels. Makes recommendations to the Lead of par level adjustments based on usage and trends.
· Maintains shipping and delivery records to provide proof of delivery when required. Posts inventory counts to Meditech in a timely manner.
· Responds quickly to emergency issues and rush requests.
· Develops effective routines, including priorities, to maximize efficiency and operate effectively with limited supervision.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area for esthetics, efficiency and safety purposes.
· Uses Meditech Materials Management module, At Par Handheld devices, and other software applications including shipping software and MOX/email systems.
· Secures the warehouse and vehicles.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
· Some site locations/departments require stocking in supply cabinets and others may involve delivery to unit staff and they will store the items.
· Some locations require the use of sterile apparel when entering sterile areas.
It is anticipated that employee will have contact with potentially hazardous chemicals while performing their job duties.
40 hours, Monday-Friday
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.