Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 169152-1A
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by providing accurate and therapeutic food and nutrition services to our patients. This staff position will have an impact on patient satisfaction and our ability to continuously improve quality and safety by providing patients with nutritional information and healthy food choices during their hospital stay.
Required: Associates Degree in Nutrition, 50% successful completion towards a BS in Nutrition, and/or 2 years clinical experience as a diet tech
Preferred: Prior patient contact and food service experience
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team
• Basic computer skills
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heartsaver CPR Adult & Pediatrics
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:Neonatal, Infant, Children, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Rotating schedule with weekend and holiday rotation
• Reports to the Clinical Nutrition Manager
As part of the Food & Nutrition Service team, this position:
· Completes the menus with patient, in accordance to food allergies, ethnic/cultural issues, food preference, tolerance, and nutritional plan as determined by the dietitian.
· Delivers accurate and timely meals to the patient according to the prescribed diet order per department standards.
· Sets up and feed patients as needed.
· Completes clinical documentation using the computerized system and/or Kardex system as appropriate.
· Provides patients with clinical nutrition counseling, recommends food selection and educates patient on food options based on their medical requirements per department standards.
· Retrieves full food carts/trucks from the kitchen and delivers to patient floors.
· Carries trays to patients to deliver accurate and timely meals according to the prescribed diet order per department standards.
· Addresses patient’s personalized request by working with the kitchen and or dietitian in an effort to accommodate patients.
· Maintains cleanliness and safety of food in unit kitchens by stocking according to needs of the unit, rotating stock to avoid expired food. Records daily temperatures of unit’s fridge and freezer.
· Checks patient trays in tray line and assist in the kitchen with tray production.
· Gathers Quality Assurance data (daily/weekly/monthly) to ensure documentation meets department standards.
· Maintains a clean and safe environment to enhance patient satisfaction and a culture of safety.
· Responds to equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of equipment and to maximize its useful life.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.