Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 169122-1A
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Provides counseling, support, crisis intervention and other social work services to patients and their families. Provides clinical intervention for individual, family and groups. Assists patients through advocacy procedures. Adheres to and promotes the Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Conducts psychosocial assessments:
Identifies situations requiring high risk screen review
2) Works collaboratively with care providers:
3) Provides individual family and group support
4) Initiates Clinical Intervention:
5) Contributes to departmental functioning by:
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: MSW from an accredited school of social work with a concentration in health care
Licensure, Certification, Registration: LCSW or LICSW
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards. Excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to negotiate in health care systems. Basic knowledge of Quality Improvement techniques.
DAYS / FULL TIME 40 HOURS / BURLINGTON