Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 169240-1A
Date Posted: Jul 23, 2021
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
BayRidge Hospital, A member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
About the Job
Now offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
The Social Worker is part of a multidisciplinary team. The Inpatient psychiatric social worker's role consists of making referrals and appointments, family and network meetings, utilization review, providing support and education. In collaboration with the treatment team, plans appropriate individual treatment/discharge plans to meet the ongoing needs of assigned patients.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Advocate for patient needs by conducting ongoing psychosocial needs assessments and communicating these needs to the treatment team.
3. Plan and implement appropriate inpatient disposition in collaboration with the treatment team.
4. Effectively identify patient, family, institutional and community barriers to discharge or transitions in treatment. Coordinate referrals and facilitate transitions in treatment while addressing the barriers identified.
5. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
6. Coordinate the development and formulation of psychosocial and case management needs assessments.
7. Facilitate and/or provide direct clinical therapeutic interventions to prevent relapse and ensure continuity of care.
8. Provide information/education to patients and their families/significant others regarding illness, recovery and treatment options.
9. Work collaboratively and professionally with the treatment team in maintaining a collaborative relationship with outside providers.
10. Attend clinical department meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
11. Utilize supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
12. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
13. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
14. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies, expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, Payers, etc.).
15. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements including Aggression Management training.
16. Utilization Review17. Perform other duties as assigned
40 hours per week, days.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Master’s of Social Work (MSW) with a current Massachusetts license, or license eligible, will consider LMHC.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) Be part of a multidisciplinary team
2) Strong ability to assess and evaluate patient needs and develop treatment plans to address the identified needs.
3) Strong organizational skills
4) Ability to work with patients with diverse diagnoses
5) Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in a fast paced work environment.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).