Welcome to Lahey Health Continuing Care, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Our team provides ongoing care to individuals through our assisted living and skilled nursing facilities. Our teams of nurses, aides, food service, and environmental service employees work to create an environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents and patients, along with their families.
About the Job
Position Summary: Assists the Director of Resident Life in developing and providing active and passive group and individual activities for residents in the traditional assisted living program including residents with memory impairment and other related dementias; Activities are designed to enhance each resident’s mental, physical, spiritual and social needs; Assists the Director of Resident Life in overseeing the community’s Yankee Gift Shoppe, assists the Director of Resident Life in supervising volunteers.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by The Herrick House without posing a direct threat to himself, herself, or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Works every other weekend and assigned holidays. Weekday schedule may vary to meet the needs of the Department.
- Assists in the planning, developing, organizing and implementation of all Resident Life programs
- Develops suggestions and ideas for improving and expanding the programs in the Resident Life Department.
- Creates or assists in the preparation of the monthly calendar.
- Visits new residents to introduce the Resident Life Department, to review program options and encourage new resident participation.
- Runs Resident Life Programs which include, but are not limited to: Bingo, Oral Readings, Musicals, Card Games, Mental Stimulation Activities, Special Presentations, Resident Parties, Socials, Cooking Demonstrations, Bookmobile, Exercise Programs, Shop and Bank, Outdoor Games, Mystery Rides, Luncheons at area restaurants, Charades, Arts and Crafts, etc.
- Prepares appropriate area and materials for each activity and directs scheduled programs. Cleans up at the end of the program.
- Fills out Activity Request forms as required.
- Aware of residents and their needs at all times for safety.
- Is responsible for staffing the Yankee Gift Shoppe in the absence of a volunteer.
- Assists with maintaining adequate stock in Yankee Gift Shop which includes checking stock and ordering as required.
- Maintains accurate record of daily sales.
- Staffs the Heeltapper Pub in the absence of a volunteer bartender.
- Establishes and maintains good community relations and contact with family members and the community.
- Assists with maintaining adequate supplies per departmental budgets.
- Assists residents to and from activities.
- Effectively utilizes VoiceFriend to notify residents of upcoming events and other important information.
- Attends required in-service training sessions and orientations.
- Responds to residents’ needs.
- Maintains all aspects of Department in the absence of the Director.
- Adheres to Departmental Dress Code (business casual).
- Similar and other related duties as required.