Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
This leadership role has overall responsibility for the entire organization’s IT support services domain including strategy, ongoing service delivery management and governing policies. This includes managing the technical transformation of support services to a support service across the organization. Additionally, the role will manage the processes of offering and aiding with technology-related devices such as computers, mobile devices, IoT devices, etc. This role will also coordinate and supervise internal and external operations for IT support services, including production operations.
As a member of the senior IT leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the organization-wide IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the organization’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
In addition to the functional leadership responsibilities defined above, additional leadership functions and roles may be assigned including (a) Business Relationship Manager (BRM): leader assigned to specific entities or business units within the system, the BRM acts as a liaison between IT and the senior leadership at the hospital(s) or business unit(s) assigned to foster executive level communication and collaboration in service of the IT business goals and (b) specific vendor management to facilitate and maintain vendor relationships, contracts, purchases and standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Sets the mission and vision of the overall Support Services function. Champions Support Services’ involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to support business in taking advantage of business opportunities.
- Leads the development of strategic Support Services solutions that fit the organization’s needs, including its organization-wide integration.
- Develops long-term term strategic vision for areas of responsibility; evaluates, develops, and recommends solutions specific to individual departments within the organization.
- Manages the process of offering and providing assistance with technology-related devices within the Service Desk, Field Support, Identity Management, Inventory Management, and Disaster Recovery teams. Works closely with the other IT teams to ensure they have the right offerings and capabilities that meet customer and market expectations.
- Works with the senior IT leadership team to analyze key business initiatives and information needs that support, influence and transform the business operations and strategy. Acts as a trusted advisor; builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develops and oversees implementation of policies governing efficient operations across the support services function. Promotes productivity and quality improvements through development of improved procedures, process innovations and changes which support the strategic direction of the department.
- Implements productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolves problems, identifies trends, determines system improvements and implements change in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for the Support Services function to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the organization and is within plan.
- Works with HR and the Support Services leadership teams to develop leading-edge and innovative solutions for recruitment, development and retention of the workforce, while forecasting future skill requirements for the organization. Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the Support Services leadership team and staff. Works with the senior IT leadership to provide education and trainings to the staff for a well implemented large-scale infrastructure framework.
- Serves on the planning and policy-making committees; drives the development of the organization’s technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure the Support Services function delivers value to the organization.
- Additional leadership functions and roles may be assigned including but not limited to: (1) Business Relationship Manager (BRM): Leader assigned to specific hospital entity and/or business unit within the system, the BRM acts as a liaison between IT and the senior leadership at the hospital(s) and/or business unit(s) assigned to foster communication and collaboration in service of the IT business goals. (2) Management of the applicable Cyber Security vendors, facilitate and maintain vendor relationships, contracts, purchases and standards in support of the strategic objectives of IT and the organization.
Preferred Leadership Competencies:
Coaching and Developing Others
Providing feedback, instruction, and developmental guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting one’s own and others’ emotions and behavior in the context of the political environment; leveraging insights to effectively manage one’s own responses and reactions.
Identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
Systems Thinking/ Setting Healthcare Business Strategy
Looks beyond the immediate by establishing and committing to a long-term business direction after considering clinical and financial data, resources, market drivers, and organizational values; anticipating and responding to shifts within the market, technology, or policy environment that influence the delivery, management, and financing of healthcare.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field, and/ or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Requires fifteen (15) or more years of relevant technical and business experience.
Five (5) to seven (7) years of leadership responsibilities.
Preferably five (5) or more years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development.
Must be skilled with Technology expertise, Operational excellence and IT Capability Awareness.
Dept/Unit Specific Skills:
Deep technical knowledge in IT Support Services.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.