Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 167583-1A
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2021
Category: Adv Practice/Non MD Provider
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
Outpatient Cardiovascular Medicine Clinic
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team. Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is a nationally recognized 345 bed tertiary care hospital located in the northern suburbs of Boston, MA.
Under the direction of a Cardiologist and within established departmental practice guidelines, the Advanced Practitioner is responsible for performing a variety of duties.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team of cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
Cardiovascular Medicine Responsibilities Include:
The successful candidate must be able to interact positively with all members of a multidisciplinary care team, patients and their families and possess the emotional intelligence to work collaboratively in a fast paced, high-acuity environment where quality and caring come first.
OTHER POSSIBLE ADDITIONS
The NP strives for clinical excellence and collegiality amongst the Division’s entire patient care team of physicians, nurses, technologists, medical assistants, and administrative staff, and works cooperatively with the Practice Manager for the Division and Director of Ambulatory Operations for the organization.
The NP will perform in accordance with all state and federal regulations and institutional policies including but not limited to the NP scope of practice, Prescriptive Guidelines, approved clinical privileges, and other Hospital NP policies.
Principle Clinical Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides direct patient care, counseling, and teaching in a timely manner to a select patient population in collaboration with the collaborating physicians.
• Performs physical examinations, takes histories, physicals, to assess patients properly and thoroughly to support the ongoing care management.
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates appropriate lab and diagnostic tests to assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
• Arranges for appropriate plan of care and follow-up based on outcome of diagnostic, lab, and physical assessment findings; supports the patient transition from inpatient to outpatient levels of care.
• Performs laboratory tests appropriate for specific patient population, as appropriate.
• Orders medications and writes prescriptions according to organizational and regulatory policies and procedures. • Records pertinent patient care findings in the medical record system(s).
• Sets priorities for appropriate and efficient management of patient care that reflects cost effective management of time, available human resources, supplies and equipment
• Maintains interdisciplinary approach to planning and communicating patient care information by discussing pertinent clinical data with appropriate physicians and other health care professionals.
• Incorporates the concepts of health maintenance, prevention, and promotion into daily practice through patient education and counseling.
• Demonstrates awareness of community resources and assists staff, patients, and families to effectively utilize them. Patient Care Quality
• Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of quality assurance and/or quality improvements for patient care/patient experience in collaboration with Division
• Evaluates outcomes of own patients’ care and makes necessary revisions in care plans.
• Seeks and provides consultative services as required. • Participates in divisional and organization’s quality improvement program.
Utilizes quality improvement data and research findings to enhance patient care.
Coordination Of Care
• Demonstrates appropriate collaborative and consultative relationships with other providers within the Division, and institution.
• Develop strong clinical relationships with Hospital care team members, including nurses, medical staff, and other collaborating staff.
• Supports the coordination of patient care across the care continuum to achieve optimal patient outcomes and restoration to health.
• Serves on Nursing and Hospital Committees as available and assumes responsibility for disseminating and communicating information to staff.
Patient Care Teaching
• Provides direct education and teaching for the patient population and families to improve overall health and healing.
• Acts as preceptor for nursing students and staff as requested.
• Participates in orientation of new staff. • Participates in Departmental and organization continuing education programs.
• Identifies own learning needs and updates clinical knowledge and skills through formal and informal education and review of current literature.
• Educates lay and/or professional groups through lectures, papers, publications, and educational materials. Planning
• Assists in developing the clinical and professional goals and objectives and reviews with the Division and organizational leadership.
• Completes annual credentialing processes and mandatory trainings to support your role with the organization. • Maintains interdisciplinary approach for planning and communicating information for patient care and operation of practice.
• Maintains current knowledge of legislation that may affect the health care delivery system.
Qualified Candidates please contact:
Renee Castro at [email protected]