Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 168755-1A
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2021
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, heal and to excel in service to our community by providing a safe environment for staff, patients, visitors and property. This staff position will have an impact on employee and patient satisfaction by professionally providing security services in collaboration with all hospital departments to enhance the hospital environment and improve the patient experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least one year of security experience or one year successful completion toward a degree in Criminal Justice or Certified Healthcare Security Officer.
· Current Class D Driver’s License
· Crisis Prevention Intervention Certificate (Employees must be certified within 1 year of hire date. Employees must receive yearly recertification).
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heart Saver
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Children, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Holiday coverage is required based on regular shift.
Travel requirements: May be required to travel expediently to off-site locations.
· Reports to the Manager of Security, Transportation and Parking.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Security team, this position:
· Performs one to one and close observation of patients in a safe and professional manner in collaboration with Patient Care Services.
· Conducts interior and exterior patrols to inspect the grounds for criminal activity, and health and safety hazards.
· Provides one to one patient observation for at risk patients throughout the organization to keep the patient and others safe.
· Records and reports security and safety related incidents.
· Provides safety escorts upon request.
· Enforces parking regulations and assists with traffic control.
· Investigate lost or stolen items.
· Investigates alarms and emergency calls immediately.
· Reacts to emergency codes expediently to follow through on the situation until parties are safe or the situation is resolved.
· Responds to customer service requests in a timely manner with an emphasis on improving the patient experience.
· Supports shuttle services in daily duties, inclement weather and emergency situations by driving employees as needed.
· Transports bodies and body parts to the morgue, filing essential documentation timely and accurately.
Nights, 8 hours
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.