Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 168461-1A
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2021
Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Assists in the process of obtaining, recording, and reporting accurate information about client insurance, services, billing, and payments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately enter client data into billing software.
2. Enters and/or forwards client data change information on agreed schedule.
3. Responds to clinician’s questions, telephone calls and/or visits in a timely, professional and respectful manner.
4. Investigates pending claims due to lack of or incorrect information.
5. Participates in clinical staff training related to billing protocols.
6. Run AR reports on established schedule; update essential report queries and verify accuracy of report prior to dissemination.
7. Set work flow priorities, in order to meet established deadlines and communicate status of work flow with supervisor.
8. Attend department and organization staff meetings as directed.
9. Additional related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of third party billing/reimbursement preferred.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and relate to staff in a professional and patient manner. Ability to demonstrate openness and flexibility to adapt to unplanned situations. Able to work cooperatively and in a fashion that promotes team building.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.