Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Reporting to the Manager of Radiology Informatics, is responsible for the administration of all aspects of the PACS and its ancillary systems. The PACS Administrator provides user support, service, maintenance and QA/QC for all Radiology and clinical departments throughout the Lahey enterprise. Other duties include hardware & application troubleshooting, repair and integration support for Radiology Informatics Systems. This position requires day/evening/night shift rotations, on-call rotation and frequent weekend work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides system administration all radiology information systems and its ancillary systems.
- Monitors systems, interfaces and application configurations.
- Provides guidance and direction to Radiology Informatics System Administrators and monitors the quality of their work.
- Prepares Policy and Procedure documentation related to informatics system operations for internal staff and end users.
- Provides rapid response hardware & software support as needed for assigned radiology systems.
- Performs hardware and software validation testing and upgrades for assigned radiology informatics systems.
- Leads various Radiology and extra-departmental projects, which may include both end-user and IT staff members
- Documents and communicates specific issues identified by clinical users with respect to service issues, updates, progress and resolution.
- Daily monitoring of Error logs, application reports and event logs in various systems including the RIS, Speech Recognition, PACS and any additional Radiology systems, and acting on errors and issues to resolve them.
- Escalates and advocates for support of user issues and problems.
- Places service calls to supporting departments and vendors and verifies corrective actions.
- Coordinates service activities with departmental users and supporting departments and vendors.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting end users with reported problems and issues with any Radiology systems as well as general computer related and telecommunication issues.
- Develops training materials and provides systems training to users and staff at all levels.
- Performs, monitors, & documents daily, weekly, and monthly routine system maintenance.
- Designs and monitors clinical workflow procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as Radiology Informatics liaison to all hospital & clinical departments and vendors.
- Develops and maintains web based tools to improve departmental workflow.
- Leads special software development projects to facilitate workflow and data flow improvements.
- Is available for emergency telephone and on site response 24/7/365.
- Participates in a rotating on-call coverage schedule for nights, weekends & holidays.
- Extracts data from various systems for reporting purposes utilizing available query tools.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Clinical Informatics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Active driver’s license (Clean Driving Record Required)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Keyboarding Skills.
- Ability to perform advanced PC Troubleshooting, Repair & Maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of Radiology & Clinical Workflow.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, DICOM & HL7 communication.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Ability to train & support users of all experience levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 7/NT/2K/XP Desktop OS and Server OS.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
Minimum 5 years of experience including PACS optimization and system administration and PC troubleshooting, repair & maintenance.
Experience with remote diagnostic support for technical and end user problems preferred
Field service and customer support experience is an asset.
RIS/EPIC administration a plus
Key Words: PACS Administrator, Radiology, Lahey Health, TCP/IP, DICOM, HL 7, RIS, EPIC, Burlington, MA, Clinical Informatics, Biodmedical Engineering, Computer Science
40 Hour / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.