Location: Westwood, MA
Job ID: 168770-1A
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2021
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Manager Care Coordinator initiates and process managed care insurance referral requests for patients of BILH Primary Care Practices, while maintaining a strong focus on patient-centered care, timeliness, quality, and accuracy. Adhere to the organization's Revenue Cycle Referral Management policy and meet targets regarding expected standard turnaround time goals as set by the practice. Facilitate discussions with patients to educate them regarding care coordination and redirect care within the BILH network.
The Managed Care Coordinator's Responsibilities are:
1. Work collaboratively with BILH PCPs, patients and practice support staff to coordinate, and process all specialty care managed care referral authorization requests in compliance with BILHPN and BILH Hospitals contractual rules and agreements for multiple managed care insurance payers. Utilize electronic technologies to initiate, issue, and administratively sign off on a high volume of referrals.
2. Learn and remain proficient on multiple electronic technologies used by the BILH practices and BILH Hospitals to initiate referral requests in an efficient and timely manner. Technologies will include but are not limited to (POS) Point of Service Device, Health Wire Network, Aetna WebMD, NEHEN, HPHC Connect, and other computer and web-based technology, Navinet and NIA.
3. Serve as a daily point of contact and as an organizational resource for BILH patients, families, specialty practices, physicians and support staff on BILH managed care related issues. Communicate to the specialist and/or patient the level of care, number of visits being authorized (e.g. one consult only vs. a consult and treatment), and the extent of the diagnostic testing being authorized.
4. Communicate with managed care payers to resolve patient referral management issues; coordinate with Patient Accounts, and other internal and external customers to resolve patient billing problems. Help provide referral management training to new hires. Work with extremely sensitive and highly confidential patient information and adhere to policy of maintaining patient confidentiality.
5. Maintain current knowledge base of referral and authorization plan rules and policies for multiple managed care payers and multiple specialties and ancillary/diagnostic testing as they apply to issuing PCP approvals. Work closely with patients and PCP's to refer patients with complex referral needs and complicated problems or situations to the case management at the insurance companies.
6. Retrieve patient referral requests through venues such as Clinical Computing, Patient Site, OMR notes, e-mails from Primary Care Physicians, nurse triage, and voice mails from patients; follow up appropriately with processing the referrals and promptly communicating the information back to the patient and/or specialty office.
7. Communicate with managed care payers to resolve patient referral management issues; coordinate with Patient Accounts, HMFP, the Financial Assistance Office, and other internal and external customers to serve as a resource person to resolve patient billing problems.
8. Collaborate with the entire team, in regard to servicing new patients' referral management related issues and questions.
40 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.