Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
40 Hour / Day
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Strategy, and in collaboration with the Senior Director of Organizational Transformation, the Senior Project Manager, Performance Improvement serves as a key resource to provide organization-wide support on project management best practices, Lean Six Sigma tools, and standardized processes. A core function of this position is to provide a high level of expertise, furnished by an in-depth knowledge of project management and extraordinary skills in the disciplines of change management and process improvement. Under direct oversight from the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office, the Senior Project Management, Performance Improvement is responsible for effectively scoping, leading, and managing, from inception through execution, numerous large-scale, complex projects that support the organization’s long-term strategic goals. This position works collaboratively with performance excellence Program Managers to ensure the alignment of performance improvement activities with programmatic goals and structures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Project Management
- Interact effectively with stakeholders at all organizational levels, including senior executives and physicians, to affect change within the organization.
- Navigate change management concerns and address political issues that may interfere with projects, advising stakeholders on key business decisions and major change initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Strategy and Senior Director of Organizational Transformation, assess the viability of on-going projects in order to mitigate risk, scale improvement, and optimize outcomes.
- Transfer stakeholders’ perceptions of problems into viable solutions and actionable plans, utilizing diplomacy and flexibility in response to stakeholders’ changing concerns, while maintaining oversight of cost, schedule, and quality to ensure that critical milestones and deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects throughout the project lifecycle including defining the project scope, determining resource availability, estimating the time and financial commitment, and outlining how to monitor and report on the project’s progress.
- Prioritize and manage multiple competing projects, deadlines, and customer relationships, giving appropriate attention to high value projects and those in critical phases.
- Responsible for devising a feasible project plan, to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion, to achieve the goals and deliverables of the project and align with the organization’s overall business strategy.
- Revise project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, and ensure understanding of all stakeholders for reasons and results of change. Escalate relevant changes or risks to appropriate decision makers.
- Develop business case justifications utilizing cost benefit and risk analyses, and evaluate, track, and monitor each project according to a defined return on investment (ROI).
- Lead and/or guide others in completing project work plans, current state assessments, change management plans, communications plans, testing plans, spread and scale plans, and sustainability plans.
- Maintain accurate documentation and status of project timeline and keep stakeholders and executive leadership informed of project status.
- Schedule and lead project meetings to include logistics, agendas, and meeting minutes. Conduct regularly scheduled project status update meetings and report progress regularly to stakeholders.
- Conduct observations, develop actionable plans, and implement viable solutions to problems identified. Proactively identify potential project risks and take steps to mitigate them. Facilitate cross-functional meetings and discussions to address roadblocks and ensure critical milestones are achieved on time.
- Master and apply standard project management tools to all projects. Contribute to the knowledge-based tools used for project management at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
- Performance Improvement
- Strategically align improvement efforts with organizational goals and objectives in order to ensure operational and improvement activities support the mission and overarching objectives of the organization.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Strategy and Senior Director of Organizational Transformation, define, design, and evangelize the strategy behind the improvement to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and capabilities to local business owners.
- With minimal oversight, facilitate and support performance improvement across Lahey Hospital & Medical Center through participation in, leadership of, and coaching of individuals working on improvement projects.
- Drive a systematic approach to problem solving and process improvement using quality management and engineering tools such as Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiment, etc.
- Utilize a data-driven approach to collaboratively evaluate processes and outcomes, develop and/or revise workflows, conduct tests of change, measure results, support implementation of new processes, and facilitate sustainment.
- Promote and participate in the continuous improvement of structure, processes, tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value.
- Apply appropriate change management strategies and tools.
- Apply advanced concepts, principles, theories and techniques to systematically approach performance improvement opportunities.
- Maintain and facilitate a performance improvement culture. Serve as an impactful change agent. Take initiative to reach out and drive changes. Develop teams to thrive on change and inspire colleagues to embrace and embed new ways of working.
- Data Analysis
- Assist organization, leadership team, and operational teams with using, collecting and analyzing data for decisions.
- Optimize reporting and data management in order to support operational programs and high priority projects across the organization.
- Investigate key performance drivers and understand where in the value chain performance is lost.
- Use appropriate statistical process control methods to understand and interpret common cause and special cause variation for the purpose of identifying areas of opportunity.
- Design and implement data collection plans and analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement on projects.
- Establish metrics for managing, tracking and sustaining project performance to desired goals.
- Knowledge Management and Capability Building
- Build capabilities throughout the organization through training and coaching that result in measureable business outcomes.
- Possess a solid grasp of advanced project management and performance improvement principles, along with a demonstrated ability to successfully apply and advance those principles to all levels of the organization, in classroom style or one-on-one situations.
- In collaboration with Program Managers, facilitate targeted initiatives that seek to enhance organizational knowledge around performance improvement to solve complex problems and incorporate the best solutions into operations.
- Mentor project manager colleagues on how to engage in activities that achieve high-quality project outcomes by consistently delivering on time, on budget, and within project scope.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in health care related field, masters preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have an uncompromising commitment to higher performance.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must possess exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with superior presentation skills.
- Must possess a high level of initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness, with the ability to work independently as well as manage a project team to achieve results.
- Must have a strong aptitude for effectively influencing others at all organizational levels through strong leadership, mentoring, and motivational skills that promote a positive environment.
Experience: The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are normally acquired with a minimum of five years of healthcare experience.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.