Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Strategy, the Data Analyst is responsible for the acquisition, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data to support a range of high profile strategic initiatives and performance improvement efforts. A core function of this position is to integrate disparate data sources in new and innovative ways to develop a more comprehensive view of performance. The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting on-going projects and programs by using internal and external data to conduct complex and multi-part analyses to report status updates, and performance based on defined metrics. This position works collaboratively with Project Managers, Performance Improvement to assess and determine business impact, develop reporting and analytic solutions, and make recommendations for actions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Data Analysis
- Responsible for accessing, validating, and querying data from data repositories using available tools (including MS Access, SQL, etc.). Sources of data include, but are not limited to, the clinical, operational, financial information systems at the hospital and department level, claims data, and comparative data.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and design reports, dashboards, and visualizations of numerous datasets for various Project Management Office functions.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, using data to locate and define new improvement opportunities
- Possess a strong conceptual and analytical skill set with an ability to interpret and apply statistical techniques, and effectively communicate the methods and findings to non-statistician team members and audiences.
- Leverage software applications to design solutions, perform detailed data mapping and analysis, and produce business or clinical intelligence.
- Collaborate with Information Systems to obtain and maintain sources and mapping tables. Ensure data integrity and data quality, regularly review data, identify trends, and communicates changes.
- Conduct periodic testing of data validity, identifying and resolving any errors or discrepancies.
- Work with operations to resolve any data discrepancy related to user input, user error, or poor source system design.
- Evaluate data and reports to assess if reporting meets end user requirements. Gather and compile documentation of metrics and data sources to facilitate replication.
- Handle complex and multi-part analyses and prepare summaries of important points.
- Performance Improvement
- Work with members of the Project Management Office to define problems and clarify analysis objectives.
- In collaboration with Project Managers, determine project data needs and assist in designing data collection tools and reports as necessary.
- Partner with Project Managers in performance improvement initiatives to combine a variety of data sources into useful datasets and dashboards for monitoring project goals and tracking improvement progress.
- Develop standardized and ad hoc reports by using internal and external data to report status updates, and performance based on defined metrics for on-going projects.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, information systems, or related field.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have an uncompromising commitment to higher performance.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must possess exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with superior presentation skills.
- Must possess a high level of initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness, with the ability to work independently as well as manage a project team to achieve results.
- Must have a strong aptitude for effectively influencing others at all organizational levels through strong leadership, mentoring, and motivational skills that promote a positive environment.
- Must have the ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
Experience: A minimum of three years of related work experience with data collection, management, and analysis, as well as business intelligence and data visualization. Proven ability to summarize trends in written and presentation form, and demonstrated analytic problem solving skills that inform performance improvement activities.
40 Hour / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.