Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Lowell Emergency Services Program (ESP) through Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services has been awarded a grant by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation to expand access to Behavioral Health services in an Urgent Care Capacity. It has been identified as an urgency to provide open access to client’s who are in need of medication management as there are lengthy wait lists and a shortage of psychiatrists within the Lowell area and surrounding towns. As a result, we are implementing telepsychiatry as a bridge service available to individuals aged 21+ who have completed a crisis evaluation with an identified urgent need to access medication at the completion of their evaluation to reduce psychiatric symptoms causing impairment to the client’s current level of functioning.
We are seeking a Care Coordinator to provide a continuum of intensive case management for clients who have been referred to telepsychiatry services. They will provide care coordination by working with the client in completing requests made by the telepsychiatrist (i.e. obtaining necessary lab work), assist in scheduling follow up appointments with the telepsychiatrist and maintain regular contact with the clients to identify and overcome any barriers the client may experience in accessing necessary therapeutic and psychiatric services. The overarching goal of the Care Coordinator is to implement referrals, at minimum to an outpatient psychiatrist and regularly follow up with the referred agency to ensure the client is on an active wait list.
- Responsible for ensuring integrated service delivery for all persons enrolled in telepsychiatry program. The Care Coordinator will assess for and address barriers to successful engagement in telepsychiatry services.
- Provides community based case management services to assist members in mitigating barriers to accessing further treatment, self-help groups, and additional services related to mental health and other activities of daily living. The care coordinator supports the member in understanding the treatment options available to him or her, including 24-hour programs, day programs, and outpatient options
- Provides additional support in remaining engaged in treatment; identifying and accessing therapeutic and psychiatric resources in the community including prescribers for psychiatric medications; and/or developing and implementing personal goals and objectives around treatment. The care coordinator will maintain regular contact with agencies the client is referred to and provide regular updates to the client and ESP team around the length of wait time for client engagement in services.
- Provides temporary assistance with transportation to essential telepsychiatry services while assisting the client in transitioning to community-based transportation resources (e.g., public transportation resources, PT-1 forms, etc.).
- The care coordinator will temporarily assist in co-payment for medication if a client does not have the funds to do so; the care coordinator will explore alternatives to assist the client in covering co-payments independently.
- The care coordinator provides education and resources, and assists clients in accessing treatment and community supports. The care coordinator supports the client in accessing services and participates as part of the overall care team when appropriate including, but not limited to:Facilitating warm hand-offs to programs by maintaining regular contact with the client once referred to outpatient services who no longer needs telepsychiatry services; and navigating insurance issues with clients, including identifying and explaining in-network and out-of-network providers and advocating with providers and plans on the client’s behalf.
- Coordinates with other providers and collaterals to connect the client with providers who are able to develop and implement a comprehensive care plan if the client does not have any such relationship. Such entities could include a primary care provider, prescribing psychiatrist, therapist, residential program, etc.
- Participates in discharge planning from telepsychiatry services. The care coordinator will update the crisis prevention plan and develop a written aftercare plan. Discharge from the telepsychiatry program will occur in consultation with the client and referral source when discharge criteria are met.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate documentation of demographic information as well as referral information and care management service notes.
- Facilitate all aspects of initial referral to telehealth provider as well as ongoing appointments. Participate at the end of the consult with the client and telepsychiatrist for follow up instructions made by telepsychiatrist, including but not limited to collateral contacts, assisting in facilitating and obtaining lab work results, make referrals to outpatient psychiatry, day programs, etc, as appropriate
- Meet weekly for supervision with the Project Manager to discuss what is working well, areas of improvement, and overall debriefing and processing the work the Care Coordinator has been doing.
- Participate in team meetings as needed or instructed by Project Manager to provide regular updates on client status
- Master’s degree required in Social Work, Counseling or a related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of healthcare work experience is necessary either through a prior Health System or a Payer experience.
- 2+ years of experience in either reporting development or relevant business domain of which at least one years must be in reporting development.
- Proficiency in the SQL language is required.
- Proficiency in the following is preferred: Hospital data, Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge of Care manager platform or other EHR.
Schedule: Full time, 40 hours
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.