This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 168145-1A
Date Posted: Jun 21, 2021
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
About the Job
Incumbent is responsible for completing registration of patients in a behavioral health setting, verifying insurance eligibility, entering insurance authorizations, signing patients in to the hospital, triage of incoming phone calls to the admissions area and providing administrative and clerical support services to management and clinical staff.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Obtaining demographic and insurance information in order to complete patient registration in EPIC.
2. Orienting patients to the inpatient hospital setting and explaining admission process.
3. Complete the admissions process, obtaining patient consent to treatment, explaining legal status and review patient rights.
4. Verifying insurance coverage and documenting insurance verification and authorizations.
5. Assist in maintaining safety in patient area by responding to patient needs and inquiries, keeping patients informed of admission progress and escorting patients to the unit.
6. Provide referral information to patients that do not meet criteria for admission.
7. Offer information, referral & crisis intervention service to persons telephoning or visiting the site.
8. Other duties as assigned.
24 hours per week, evening shift.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Minimum HS diploma, Bachelors or Associates degree preferred
Knowledge of electronic medical records, knowledge of behavioral health insurance coverage
Ability to interact with patients and colleagues in a professional manner, good customer service skills, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, multi-person office, comfortable with behavioral health patient population
Minimum 1-2 years experience in hospital registration/admission/insurance verification
Fluent in English with ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing