Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, a member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, is currently looking for a Lead Advanced Practitioner to join the Hospital Medicine team. This full time position is located at LHMC in Burlington, MA. Further details of the responsibilities of this position are listed below:
Facilitates Strategic Planning including, but not limited to:
- Partnership with the Division Chair and Executive Director with goal of optimizing the contribution of the Division Advanced Practitioners to the Divisional Overall Goals
- Active partnership with Hospital Medicine leaders in developing AP fellowship
- Help with coordination of any research/QI projects that APP would like to be involved
- Other divisional and/or hospital-wide project(s) participation as determined with the Lead AP, Division Chair (and/or designee) and Executive Director
- Personnel management in concert with the Division Chair or designee
- Includes yearly evaluations of AP team (with Chair or designee when appropriate)
- Interval evaluations of orientees and others as warranted
- Be available to meet regularly with AP team members
- Participates in hiring process including being main contact for reviewing CVs, facilitating interview scheduling and communicating with hires throughout the credentialing process
- Facilitates the Division level clinical and operational onboarding/training process of newly hired APs
- Serves as a mentor for system and clinical development
- Participate in corrective action process as needed
- Produces AP schedule when applicable
- Keeps record of earned time usage by each AP and type allocated to sick time per Massachusetts law
- Attends Division meetings as directed by the Division Chair
- Facilitates continual education of AP team regarding appropriate billing and coding practices
- Lead AP or designee takes sick calls and re-arranges staff for patient care coverage as necessary when applicable
- Lead AP or designee coordinates NP/PA students and ensures compliance with Lahey policies regarding students
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Leadership Qualities
- High quality clinician and communicator who Leads by example
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and ability to provide appropriate emotional support.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience demonstrating leadership capability
Diversity is a core value at Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for our staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.