Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 168125-1A
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2021
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by providing excellent customer service to patients, visitors and staff, expediting work orders/service related requests, dispatching and following up with customers regarding work order status. This customer service staff position will have an impact on employee and patient satisfaction by being the first point of contact in our efforts to create and maintain a desirable work/patient care environment.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree
Preferred: Phone customer service experience
· Excellent customer service and communications skills
· Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and via email
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
· Ability to type 40 words per minute.
· Basic word, excel and email applications skills.
Preferred: Intermediate competence with Microsoft Office applications especially Word and Excel
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: NA
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
On-call Requirement: NA
Schedule Requirements: Weekend rotation is required for full time staff. Schedules may be adjusted based on business needs
Travel Requirements: N/A
· Reports to the Service Response Center Supervisor.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Guest Services team, this position:
· Answers all Service Response Center calls, completing comprehensive work orders with the pertinent information and issues.
· Dispatches work order requests for a variety of service-related departments.
· Books conference rooms, catering and assists in meeting conference room needs, including shifting room assignments around to meet multiple customers’ needs. Communicates changes.
· Takes responsibility for reported issues from call to completion, ensuring that service excellence standards are followed and patient, visitor, physician and employee satisfaction is exceeded.
o Follows up (via phone or email) on outstanding work orders to assess status. When appropriate acts as the liaison with the customer to give status updates and estimated times of completion.
o Follows up with customers to assess their satisfaction and to ensure their needs were being met.
o Closes out orders.
o Escalates concerning trends to the Supervisor
· Pulls various scheduled and ad hoc excel reports to support departments. Manipulates excel data to make reports easier to comprehend and read.
· Files service response center materials/reports
· Maintains collaborative, team relationships with all customers and service providing departments and vendors, fostering a collaborating, respectful relationship among users and providers of the services.
· Communicates regularly with Supervisor and staff. Keeps team informed of issues that might delay/impact work order response.
· Maintains accurate and useful database records by entering system information correctly
· Meets Quality Assurance requirement standards and other key performance indicators
· As the phone volume and staffing allows, may perform other clerical duties, recognizing that covering the phones is the priority. Functions may include:
o Supports affiliated departments during downtime as requested or required.
o Collating and stuffing mass and other periodic mailings.
o Alphabetizing and collating materials
o Copying and scanning
Per diem hours.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.