This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 168053-1A
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
Sign On Bonus up to $3000 (prorated for part-time)
The Admissions Nurse performs pre-admission evaluations for appropriateness of detox services, initiates the admission process by educating and informing client/family of detox protocols and services, provides nursing assessment, initial plan of care and intervention(s) that optimize client recovery.
The Admissions Nurse's Responsibilities are:
1. Screens clients seeking potential admissions for inpatient detox.
2. Reviews current and past medical history, substance abuse history, and determines if client meets eligibility for admission.
3. Determines if a client needs medical or psychiatric clearance prior to admission.
4. Performs physical exam upon admission.
5. Administers PPD test prior to admission.
6. Reviews all current prescriptions with patient and obtains physicians orders to continue with current medication regime.
7. Assigns appropriate detox protocol to clients.
8. Reviews expectations and detox policy and procedures with client.
9. Orients client to detox unit.
10. Patient teaching.
11. Is non-judgmental and provides emotional support to clients and any family members present at time of admission.
12. Gives patient report to medications nurse.
13. Assist floor nurses with assignment when warranted.
40hrs, Day Hours
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.