Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for directly providing, driving and coordinating the delivery of HR services and programs to optimize the needs and ongoing development of a superior workforce that support the strategic goals of Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
- Provides Human Resources consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training and development for respective business areas while managing the risk associated with personnel actions.
- Provides leadership in developing a culture that facilitates high employee engagement enabling superior performance in accordance with Lahey Health’s objectives.
- Collaborates with other HR colleagues for the effective delivery of HR services including Talent Acquisition and staffing; organizational planning; performance management and improvement; employee relations; organizational development; compensation and benefits administration; employee orientation, development, and training; policy development and documentation; employee communication, employee welfare, wellness and health; and employee services and counseling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Supports respective business areas by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions aligned with organizational goals in the areas of employment processing, compensation, benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Advises Lahey leaders regarding issues affecting employee relations, assuring consistency with Lahey policy, practice and philosophy. Assists with incident investigations and corrective action decisions. Edits or assists Lahey managers with the preparation of written warnings.
- Reviews and coordinates the handling of involuntary employment termination recommendations and reduction in force proposals. Consults with Lahey legal staff or external counsel as needed.
- In concert with HR Leadership, guides business leadership and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements for HR matters. Maintains current knowledge. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed. Advises managers on legal implications of HR issues including discipline and employee grievances.
- Identifies and researches HR issues and offers recommendations and/or contributes information and analysis to assist in resolving HR issues.
- Works in concert with HR and Client Department Leadership to develop best in class workforce culture and other strategic initiatives to promote Lahey through the development of talent, reward and recognition programs, engagement and the pursuit of personal and professional excellence.
- Works in concert with HR Leadership to develop metrics which are tied to organizational goals and development of annual report.
- Consult with management and colleagues to identify, analyze, develop, and implement strategies for handling organizational development and colleague engagement initiatives.
- Completes special projects. Identifies and clarifies issues and priorities; communicates and coordinates requirements; expedites fulfillment; evaluates milestone accomplishments; evaluates optional courses of action; changes assumptions and direction as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with respective business area, organizational leadership and HR leadership about Department and organizational issues.
- In concert with HR Director, reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of policies, procedures, and practices on HR matters. Communicates changes in policies and procedures and insure proper compliance is followed.
- Assists Lahey’s in-house legal staff or external counsel in assembling responses to legal claims against the organization. Attends legal hearings when necessary. Also, works with consultants to contest unemployment insurance claims against Lahey.
- Conducts investigations in response to reports of workplace concerns, including unsafe patient care, sexual harassment, workplace violence, drug diversion, substance abuse, theft, and patient confidentiality violations. Recommends appropriate steps to address these situations.
- Monitors Lahey's potential vulnerability to union organizing and responds appropriately to signs of potential organizing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field.
- Eight or more years of directly related experience in same or similar role
- Additional experience of progressively greater responsibility including leadership
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- A strong sense of self and the ability to make decisions in a variety of situations. Knowledgeable in all aspects of human resources, with a broad base of business knowledge and strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment, discretion, flexibility and integrity.
- Teamwork skills.
- Process Improvement skills.
- Organizational Astuteness, People Skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret journals, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.