Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 167420-1A
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Responsible for transmission of critical and unexpected findings. Upload images into PACS. Enter orders into EPIC for all studies processed through Ambra. Prepare radiology images for review and interpretation by providers. Provide customer service for image requests. Respond and enter Remedy tickets for Radiology Informatics Help Desk.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Receives and communicates urgent and critical findings from radiologists/residents and immediately alerts the requesting MD to view the results or consult with the radiologist.
2. Completes documentation on all unexpected and critical finding information using Primordial and the Appnet webmail application.
3. Uploads CDs received from all outside providers into the electronic Ambra system.
4. Creates orders in EPIC for all outside studies being uploaded from Ambra into PACS.
5. Utilizes other hospital systems to obtain information necessary to completing a request for information. (Systems include: EPIC, Philips PACS/Primordial, and the APPNET webmail notification system.
6. Responds to requests for radiology records via telephone, facsimile, and through written correspondence from physicians and patients as well as outside parties such as insurers, attorneys, etc. and distributes records in a timely manner.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent customer service skills. Typing and basic computer skills needed.
Experience: None required
37.5 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.