Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 167470-1A
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2021
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the direction of the system wide Director of Supply and Logistics, the Manager of Supply Chain Operations is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the distribution, operational and logistics functions of Supply Chain at a multi-facility Hospital. This position directs and develops effective point-of-use supply chain management to insure appropriate critical medical supply on-hand inventory, product replenishment, restocking, distribution, charge capture, and billing information. This position has direct management responsibility for Pyxis Supply System Coordinators, Inventory Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinators, as well as all distribution personnel, including distribution supervisor, distribution techs, dispatchers and inventory assistants. Responsible for overseeing activities and staff for vendor managed on-site mailroom/copy center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Supervision of Staff: Supervises the day-to-day assignments of staff working with the distribution of medical/surgical supplies and the management of all par level systems including, but not limited to Pyxis med/surg stations and clean supply rooms.
2) Compliance: Ensures that policies, procedures, quality assurance, and customer service standards are followed. Participates in the development and implementation as well as the monitoring of all department policies, procedures, technical guidelines and quality assurance standards. Ensures quality performance, customer satisfaction and adherence to the requirements of regulatory agencies.
3) Human Resources: Responsible for maintaining adequate staffing levels, interviewing, and employee relations. Responsible for completion of staff Performance Appraisals, Competence Assessment, Compliance and Mandatory Education. Counsels and disciplines assigned staff as needed, preparing proper supporting documentation and recommending changes in personnel status.
4) Staff Training & Education: Identifies the training needs of staff, and out-sources or otherwise develops and delivers in-service training programs. Coordinates department orientation and training.
5) Fiscal Accountability: Recommends departmental budgets. Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations for capital expenditures. Operates within the allocated funds.
6) Interaction with Department Supervisors: Responsible for on-going interaction with department supervisors concerning their requests for services provided by the distribution and supply chain staff.
7) Communication: Conducts on-going monthly staff meetings, keeping the staff up to date as to the information pertinent to their job functions. Acts as a resource for Nursing Staff with questions or concerns relative to par-levels, custom requisitions, call-downs, equipment and supplies. Informs the Director of any concerns regarding staffing, employee relations, scheduling, inter-departmental issues (i.e.; Nursing, ORs, etc) or anything else involving distribution and/or inventory control. Frequent communication to end-users, as well as all supply chain staff, prime vendor and IT. Communication with all constituents will have a variety of forms, but must demonstrate a collaborative approach, results orientation, and managerial courage.
8) Customer Service: Responsible for ongoing interaction with department supervisors concerning the status of their par levels and supply needs. Inventory Management - par level establishment and maintenance, refill process, utilization analysis, product management, product placement, and system optimization. System Compliance ? Creates and implements policy, procedure, workflow, training and education associated with the proper use of Pyxis and Distributions system by both the nursing end-user and any areas supporting it. Information/Systems Management ? Creates and implements policy, procedure, workflow, training and education to ensure proper billing, inventory and other related interfaces are performing properly.
9) Implement procedures to achieve the reduction/elimination of stock-outs by: evaluate cause and frequency of stock-outs using Pyxis data reports; coordinate resolution of system compliance issues with nursing management or other administrative authority as needed; ensure accurate and timely replenishment processes in both the routine and emergency situations; coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and discrepancy identification/resolution; develop and implement an inventory schedule/system for all supply stations.
10) Provide continual education and training of the supply system to include: ensuring adequate user training working in coordination with nursing and all hospital training/education departments; establishing a liaison in each area using supply station to achieve this; ensure the integrity of data interfaces, ADT, patient billing, and MMIS by use of reports and performing quality monitoring and regular audits; use the ?discrepancy cost report? to assist with research.
11) Resolves the station refill discrepancy report with nursing: determine whom the patient product was removed for input, lost charges, determine if additional education is needed.
12) Establish inventory schedule: oversee the refill of stations; manage product expiration dates and research any discrepancies found to determine cause; use the non-refill report to inventory each station; ensure replenishment file is received and processed.
13) Ensure patient file is being received by the billing information system if applicable: input charges for ?manually input patients, and reconcile all temporary patients; ensure all charges rejecting from the patient billing system are input correctly; spot audit charges.
14) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
15) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
16) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
17) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Knowledge of business processes typically acquired through attaining a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Hospital supply/distribution systems
Oral and written communication skills
Basic computer competency skills
Listens effectively and communicates ideas and opinions clearly
Assertive while showing respect and positive regard for others
Experience: Minimum 5 years management experience with supply chain and distribution systems.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.