This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wilimington, MA
Job ID: 167238-1A
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2021
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: According to established policies and procedures, provides general secretarial and clerical support for the Outpatient Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department. Schedules/registers patients for appointments, and handles co-payment transactions. Supports the department in various clerical functions.
Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and
other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Types support data for the Department. Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and priorities established by superiors.
4. Registers patients, prepares charts with necessary patient information, and reviews basic personal information with patient. Check patients in and out of appointments.
5. Schedules outpatient appointments according to established procedures. Coordinates scheduling of intake visits, stress tests, and consults by working in cooperation with physicians, patients and other Hospital departmental personnel.
6. Maintains, updates patient information and general subject files.
7. Receives visitors and telephone calls. Notifies appropriate personnel or records messages. Responds to general inquiries by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
8. Orders supplies, sorts and distributes mail. Faxes and distributes incoming faxes to appropriate person.
Participates in the following:
Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
Continuing education/in-services to enhance knowledge
Performance improvement initiatives
Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Minimum of High School Diploma
Strong computer skills
EPIC experience required
Effective written and verbal communication skills
5. Excellent customer skills required
6. Ability to multi-task
7. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None Required
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to communicate in writing and orally.
2. Ability to proofread documents and check for accuracy.
3. Ability to use computer.
OSHA EXPOSURE: Job does not involve possible exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Reports to the Department Nurse Manager
2. Not responsible for supervising the work of others
SHIFT: Day/Full-time/40 hours/Wilmington
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.